Ongoing Horror Thread

Ok Prey was better than it had any right to be. Some of the budget shows in parts but once you get used to that and the action starts, theres some badass Predator action. Totally brutal blood and guts kills, some of them are awesome.

Some of the CGI is wonky of course…it is a direct to streaming movie. But I actually enjoyed it

Yeah you have to suspend disbelief at times as far as a little woman fighting a Predator, but if you can get past that you might enjoy it

There wasnt a bunch of wokeness. They didnt push the feminism angle or “white man bad” when the fur traders show up.

I had low expectations, but I was really entertained. Some cool new Predator weapons, lots of gnarly kills and dismemberment.

It kicks the hell out of the last Predator movie and AVP2 which were both cinema releases.

5 Likes

The first was decent, they got progressively worse.

1 Like

I’ll have to check it out before everyone starts putting up spoilers.

1 Like

I’ve heard from a couple of people that it’s probably the best Predator movie since the original.

1 Like

Prey was pretty good

3 Likes

I haven’t watched it yet but they added ‘What Josiah Saw’ recently and it’s gotten good reviews after it played the festival circuit.

I know very little about it, I got the impression it is more ‘horrifying’ than it is ‘scary’ for what it’s worth.

Gonna watch Prey later, going in with low expectations but the Cloverfield Lane director seems competent so :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I remember seeing a trailer for this months ago. Looks intriguing. I may try to watch it after the wife goes to bed.

I’m a half hour into Prey and it’s actually perfectly watchable, with some beautifully filmed shots and a good score.

That said it has yet to really kick off… so we’ll see.

3 Likes

predator face pics

Except for the cheese dick last ten minutes, which were still admittedly better than anything in the last film, Prey was pretty good!

Not great, but good - which is way better than I was expecting.

2 Likes

Its definitely not better than Predator 2 or Predators IMO. But its way better than the one with the autistic kid and AVP2

2 Likes

Just finished it. Best of all the sequels, easily.

1 Like

I saw the trailer for Pearl on Instagram the prequel I guess to X and it looks badass even though I was slightly underwhelmed by X.

2 Likes

Blue Moooooooooon

1 Like

Watched PREY last night.

It was a fun film. Shot nicely. The “low tech” Predator was cool. And scary again too. Some really awesome kill scenes too.

This film wasn’t all one liners and action. Was actually a little character development. Which wasn’t as bad as I thought. A couple scenes were about as believable as the Predator himself but it wasn’t the woke shit-fest I thought it would be. Had a few nice throw backs to the original. I’d give it a 6.5/10.

I gonna rank the franchise.

P1
P2
Predators/Prey (these are very close IMO)
AVP
AVPR
The Predator

4 Likes

This is the first im hearing of PRey. Sounds interesting. HAs anybody checked out they/them? Hate the social commentary but love slashers so still might b good.

1 Like

1 Like

Who are you? My step dad?

1 Like

suck my dick GIF

1 Like

Keep dreaming pal.

2 Likes