Only 1 American UFC champ

LW - BJ Penn from the sovereign nation of Hawaii

WW - GSP is from Quebec

MW - Anderson Silva is from Brazil

LHW - Lyoto is from Brazil

HW - Brock is from the USA

True HW champ Fedor is from mother Russia

Hawaii is not part of the USA? The same USA brock is from?

How come no one told me! 

By my count, that is 2 Americans, 2 Brazilians and one Canuck.

stay in school kids!

Don't worry, BJ's days as champ are numbered. I love the guy, but he's not hungry enough to fend off Florian and Gray.

Hawaii is independent and sovereign and I am the Queen of England. Who will get me a spot of tea? Pip pip.

(That's how the Queen would talk, if she wanted tea.)

LOL at the sovereign nation of Hawaii.

I don't know much about Hawaii and the USA, but the few Hawaiians I've met all referred to themselves as Hawaiian.

rcdaniels - Don't worry, BJ's days as champ are numbered. I love the guy, but he's not hungry enough to fend off Florian and Gray.

I seriously cannot believe how far Penn has fallen after losing to bigger stronger GSP.

Penn still would beat anyone in UFC LW division convincingly.

But who would be the champ at 195?

We might soon find out.

Hey, I hope Wanderlei-Franklin is the greatest fight since Griffin-Bonnar in the TUF1 finale.

armbarcrashdummy - I don't know much about Hawaii and the USA, but the few Hawaiians I've met all referred to themselves as Hawaiian.

What does that have to do with Hawaii being a US state?

Also, Canada is "American" being that it is part of the North American continent.

Voted down. I get so tired of the anti-American hate.

It's one thing to purposely troll but to be that ignorant - daaaamn.

armbarcrashdummy - I don't know much about Hawaii and the USA, but the few Hawaiians I've met all referred to themselves as Hawaiian.

well you do know enough to know that hawaii is a state in the USA right?

hubris - LW - BJ Penn from the sovereign nation of Hawaii

WW - GSP is from Quebec

MW - Anderson Silva is from Brazil

LHW - Lyoto is from Brazil

HW - Brock is from the USA

True HW champ Fedor is from mother RussiaWTF

WTF did you just go to school for lunch ...................

If you think about it, he's not really incorrect. Hawaii is not apart of the UNITED States. It is just sitting there in its own little area. It isn't connected to the United States and I'm sure if enough people wanted it to be its own country they could make it happen. You can't deny a whole island of people who want to separate from the US.

And Brazil is american being part of the South American continent.

The Destroyer88 - If you think about it, he's not really incorrect. Hawaii is not apart of the UNITED States. It is just sitting there in its own little area. It isn't connected to the United States and I'm sure if enough people wanted it to be its own country they could make it happen. You can't deny a whole island of people who want to separate from the US.

of course they can. countries dont just give up land that is under their power. also the placement of hawaii makes it invaluable from a strategic and military standpoint. no way would the US give it up.