Only a drunk irish dude would like that stoppage

Conor was getting bashed and sliced up by Mendes, after 4-5 early-round takedowns, he finally gets back to his feet and gets a good but fortunate knockdown of Mendes. He punches Mendes twice, while Mendes was clearly alert and intelligently defending himself, and Herb stops it? One of the worst stoppages i've ever seen. In such an important fight. I'd need a keg of Guinness and a lot of Irish blood (80% blood and 20% ethanol) running through my veins to think that was a proper stoppage.

You could see the relief on Conor's face... not confidence, not joy of the inevitable, not a celebration - just 100% pure relief.

Haha fuck off you blind twat. Phone Post 3.0

Nope Phone Post 3.0

The level of butt hurt is strong in this thread Phone Post 3.0

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THE HYPE IS REAL MATE CY@@@@@

I really don't agree that eyes closed, on your knees, face striaght down against the canvas = "clearly alert and intelligently defending himself".

I felt that it was an early stoppage too but the fact the Chad didn't day shit has to say something... Maybe he was trying to stay classy in defeat. I don't know. I would have liked to have seen what the next round would have looked like... Phone Post 3.0

I just lost a Hundo, but you sir are retarded Phone Post 3.0

Dead President - I felt that it was an early stoppage too but the fact the Chad didn't day shit has to say something... Maybe he was trying to stay classy in defeat. I don't know. I would have liked to have seen what the next round would have looked like... Phone Post 3.0

If a fight won't be stopped when a fighter has his eyes closed and is face down on the canvas resulting from a punch right through the chin, might as well let them bring weapons.

Didn't see Mendez upset with the call, he wanted out you could tell he was done after those body shots. He tried and hit Connor hard but it was obvious he was in pain Phone Post 3.0

I wanted Conor to win, so my ass feels fine. I just thought the stoppage was bullshit. Unbiased/non-Irish people disagree?

TheVandalz -
Dead President - I felt that it was an early stoppage too but the fact the Chad didn't day shit has to say something... Maybe he was trying to stay classy in defeat. I don't know. I would have liked to have seen what the next round would have looked like... Phone Post 3.0

If a fight won't be stopped when a fighter has his eyes closed and is face down on the canvas resulting from a punch right through the chin, might as well let them bring weapons.
There have been other fights (similar circumstances) where fighters have been given more of a chance. This was a title fight... Phone Post 3.0

Go kiss a dick OP.

Wow what a fucktard OP.. He turtled up and Conor punched him 4 times before herb stepped in. Your clearly trolling here Phone Post 3.0

Dead President - 
TheVandalz -

There have been other fights (similar circumstances) where fighters have been given more of a chance. This was a title fight... Phone Post 3.0

Name one where the fighter was allowed to continue after a face plant with his eyes closed...

Thought it was a little early at first...

Watched the replay and conor hit him on the button. Medes was in fetal position.

Herb made the right call.

I thought it was early, but Mendes seemed to stay down for a while afterwards.

rosenthal wouldn't have stopped it

kalt - I wanted Conor to win, so my ass feels fine. I just thought the stoppage was bullshit. Unbiased/non-Irish people disagree?

Yes, I'm not Irish, I have no problem with Mendes, I had no money riding on the fight and I disagree. Also, Mendes isn't Irish either and I didn't see/hear him complaining about the stoppage.

Weird that Conor haters think it's a bad stoppage to stop the fight when a guy is turtling up in the fetal position waiting for the fight to stop. Do you guys just really hate Mendes also and wanted to see him get hurt more?

Go watch it again. The shots Chad took on the chin and on the ear in the last few seconds before he went down were flush and hard. And he was not intelligently defending himself he just turtled taking a couple more shots. Phone Post 3.0