ONT GRAND PRIX FINAL INVITATIONS

Hello Everyone,

I am very pleased to announce the following competitors who have qualified for the ONTARIO GRAND PRIX INVITATIONAL FINALS. I know you'll all join with me in congratulating the competitors on their success and effort through out this season. The competition was fierce this season in the Province; from huge beginner categories to extremely skilled Intermediate and Advanced divisions. I think the future of our sport is very bright as long as we all work together to keep the positive vibe and momentum going. NICE WORK ONTARIO GRAPPLING!

The Men's Finals Competitors are: (listed in placement order)

MENS 140
Beginner,
Samuel Aviles - Warrior MMA,

Kash Mahdi,

Joao Gomes - Schilling,

Marc Jhingpran - Ultimate

Intermediate,
Joe Renaud - Franco,

Jonathan Lee - Schilling,

Graham Quirk - Borlands,

Jack Bateman - Warrior MMA

Advanced,
Combined into 155 Advanced

MENS 155
Beginner,
Steve Westner - Rebellion,

Francesco Cupello,

Tom Musseti,

Lanny Federman - Rebellion

Intermediate,
Wylie Ford - Warrior MMA,

Mike Large - Borlands,

Matthew Kocal - Rebellion,

Byron Caswell - HSMA

Advanced,
Jack Szatko - Joslin,

Daniel Hawley - NBJJ,

Frank Marques - Bocek,

Andrew Redden - Bocek,

Mark Recaide - Battlefeild

MENS 170
Beginner,
Julian Ganton - White Tiger,

Alex Halkias - Rebellion,

George Jekic - White Tiger,

Matt Vanderploeg - Dragon

Intermediate,
Jason Barker - Warrior MMA,

Justin Glovish - Dragon,

Tom Waters - Warrior MMA,

Aaron Buchner - White Tiger

Advanced,
Dane Graham - Warrior MMA,

Marcio Nunes,

Andrew Macinnis - Bocek,
Pedro Waick - Franco

MENS 185
Beginner,
Jason Campbell - Warrior MAA,

Jordan Banting,

Matt Davis - Kombat Arts,

Tony Doolittle - Rebellion

Intermediate,
Anthony Romita - Bravado,

Matt Hutchinson - Tompkins,

Mike Morrison - Warrior MMA,

Ernie Fairles - Rebellion

Advanced,
Kyle Hobe - Franco,

Dom O'Grady - Motor City,

Jordan Jewel - Burlinton,

Eric Yu - Joslin

MENS 205
Beginner,
Sean Morrison - Toronto BJJ,

John Attidis - Kombat Arts,

Matthew Northcott - Franco,

Geoff Collier - Rebellion

Intermediate,
James Arva - Warrior MMA,

Jay Chin-Leung - Rebellion,

Haan Pelcu-Change - Franco,

Jason McDonald - Rebellion

Advanced,

Misha Circunov,
Jordan Jewell - BAMA,

Daniel Tsatsos

MENS 225
Beginner,
Sam Osman - Schilling,

Bryan Fedynyszyn - Rebellion,

Adam Szlachta - Borlands,

Steven Faria - Edge Combat

Intermediate,
Joe Cherkas - Warrior MMA,

Andre Grandbois - MAP,

Jonathan Marconi - Gladiator

Advanced (225 & 225+ Combined),
David Haynes - Fateh,
Paul Stark - Kumo,

Bob Geilen - Lon BJJ,

Llya Woronwski - Rebellion,

Austin Chedurity - Nexus,

Mike Mashalleck,
John Cole

Mens 225+
Beginner,
Sean Sieling - Fetah,

Brett Currie - Samir,

Jordan McDonald - Schilling,

David Peletta - Combat Reaction

Women's Division:

In Ontario this year it was not possible to keep separate women's divisions because of the need to always combine the divisions at each tournament. So what I have decided to do is simple, let's try to get as many of our female competitors out on one day as possible. We will hold a round robin or double elimination tournament on May 28th (depending on how many female competitors we have). This will be an ABSOLUTE division, meaning only 1 division. We will do our best to match all women against their next closet competitor in experience and weight in the first round of the competition. The women will be competing for the title of ONTARIO INTERMEDIATE CHAMPION; all female competitors residing in this Province are welcome to compete for the title.

Now, what I would like is that all Invited male competitors email me at warrior@rogers.com and confirm whether you will be attending on May 28th or not. If for some reason you can't attend I may invite another competitor in your place. Also, by conformation email I know all the competitors have been contacted.

The format for the Finals will not change from the format used all year. Their will be 2 round robins in the day, as usual GI and NO GI. Just like we have done all season long the same point system will be applied and the person with the most combined points at the end of our day will be crowned the Provincial Champion in that division. Remember all advanced division winners will be the Ontario Reigning Champions and will automatically be invited back next year into the top 4 to defend their title.

One last note to all who are competing; you have all been rewarded this year for your placements in the individual tournaments, at the finals their will only be a prize for 1st place (and nice prizes they are). You have to understand it's horrible if you have 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and a loser! So this year we will only be announcing and focusing on the winner of each category. So start running, because you will all have 6 fights on the day. GOOD LUCK!

Competition is FREE FOR ALL COMPETITORS and Spectators are $10.00.
Weight Ins: 9:00am Rules Clinic: 10:00am Competition Start: 10:30am

Location and Directions: MAY 28th at WARRIOR MMA
1096 Ringwell Dr. Newmarket 905 830 1711
This is 15 minutes North of Toronto (if you drive like me).
Take the 404 to end which is Greenlane, go left (west) to Leslie (first major intersection), go left at Leslie (south) to first light which is Ringwell and you've arrived, it's that easy. Were in the plaza on the South/East corner.

See you all there. Should be an outstanding day of competition!

All the Best,

Terry Riggs

Oh,

And just a few notes:

1. Sorry some parts are hard to read. Damn forum re format.
  2. Next year there will be no 225+ divisions.
  3. Remember No Pro fighters with a win listed on Sherdog are allowed.
  4. Must be Ontario Resident and at least Landed Immigrant status to qualify.
  5. NO SHOES ALLOWED GI OR NO GI.
  6. AND MOST IMPORTANT IF YOU KNOW ANYONE INVITED PLEASE LET THEM KNOW IMMEDIATELY!!!! and confirm email to me.

Thanks again,

Terry

P.S. Please help me keep this thread towards the top for a few weeks. Thanks.

Good Luck to all my guys in the Finals.

10 Competitors in the top 4. Way to go team, you make papa Riggs very proud.

the warriormac.com website has me in fifth, while here I'm in the top four. Just want to make sure there's no mixups.

-Aaron Buchner, intermediate 170

Hey Aaron,

I had to do some sorting out, the best I could figure what was fair for each division. So your in no mistake. Jonathon Lee from Shilling is in 140 intermediate as well. So since one can only compete in one division at the finals, your in.

Everyone that is invited can not be uninvited no matter what. If I find out I treated anyone unfairly I will just add that extra competitor.

If anyone has any questions at all just email me at warrior@rogers.com

TR

Now go tell your friends.

CALLING ALL REFS!!

I WILL NEED HELP!

OK the draft is on.

1. Combat Arts - Hopefully you need to supply a few refs to keep 2 mats going.
  2. Omar Salvosa - Hopefully you need to supply 1 mat worth of refs.

With Grand Prix events comes Finals reponsibility.

Mark Bocek, Sam Zukula, Tony (Bravado), Danny (Bravado), Riccardo(liberio), Scott Schilling, Mark Staples, Jeff Joslin, HELP I NEED TRUSTED REFS. Anyone else who can help make the day great, please help out. I need time and score keepers as well.

Please email me if you are willing to help the community.

TR

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

I'll just have to make sure I can get the 28th off work, and then I'll send along a e-mail confirming that I'll be there.

Terry, you have mail.

TTT

My Guys are in!

p.s. I hope Jack enjoyed his birthday gift. ;)

Hi Terry I will be Glad to help out and ref if you promise to finally post the affiliation of my guys.
Aaron Buchner, Julian Ganton and George Jekic are all White Tiger BJJ and naturally I am proud to have those guys representing My Academy.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Affiliations done. Sorry for the confusion, my webstuff goes through a few hands before it gets done. Your guys must have originally put down Sores and were only listing schools to eliminate confusion and promote your business.

See you on the 28th ref (Of course when your not coaching).

Terry

Hi Terry,

I'll be there to help. If Stables is reffing I want him on my mat. Good luck to all competitors!!!

Omar.

I`ll be there promoting my tourney .i guess I can ref a match or two ........

Hey terry have a booth for me will ya ! LOL

Tony

ttt

1. Remember No Pro fighters with a win listed on Sherdog are allowed.

You may want to review your participants.

Hi Ultra,

Who are you referring too? I thought I had it clean.

Don't hint, just the facts please.

If I'm not aware of something I'd like to know.

Terry

Thanks to the guys so far that are stepping up to ref and time keep. You are all men of character.

BUT I STILL NEED MORE REFS TO BE HONEST! and time keepers.

Most my guys who would normally do this for me are competing.

LET'S KEEP THE POSITIVE VIBE GOING!

im in