Onwards to another company

Mr. Fin got laid off last Monday

I just got my starting date today for Oct 12 for a defense contractor and I will be making almost double of what I make now.

Fuck being part of the recession!

I will be becoming more of a wireless guru and I will be spending the next month going even deeper into Cisco Wireless and will try to get to the level of a CCNP in Wireless.

Do you have to Relocate?

Congrats on landing on your feet so quickly.

BlackJesus - Do you have to Relocate?

Yep

Nashville to Charleston, SC

Nice!  Congrats on the quick bounce-back.  How did you land your new gig so quickly?

rfquinn -  Nice!  Congrats on the quick bounce-back.  How did you land your new gig so quickly?

Jedi skills I've aquired from members off the IT Forum ;)

(I knew they had me ear marked, they started a papertrail and I lasted about 3-4 months longer than they thought I would because they could not get shit to fire me on)

1. Not learning voice to be billable in 2 months.  Never touched voice before.

2. 30 minutes late to a site (not lead) and borrowing a screw driver from another engineer

The final one - Working 55 hours and taking Friday off as common policy.

Yea....

They put borrowing a screw driver into your records as an infraction? I guess you won't be missing that place... I wouldn't...

I'm kinda surprised to hear that about that particular company. You know I've worked with folks from there and haven't heard of someone getting that treatment. But maybe it was just your department/manager?

Anyway, you're on to better stuff and based out of very nice spot.