Open carry vs ccw

Currently I open carry my xd sub compact .45, haven't had any incidents or retarded civilians call me in thinking I'm a lone gunman. What is the advantage of getting a ccw? To me open carrying can stop something from escalating from the get go, also I don't like the idea of being registered through the sherries dept. thoughts OG? Phone Post 3.0

i think the obvious benefit of ccw is not being tagetted if something does happen.

I think people will start shit with you. I got my ccw. A Red dot on the chest will hopefully do the trick. If not I'm shooting to kill. Dead men don't talk. Phone Post

Open carry vs concealed carry is open to interpretation. How much os your holster concealing the firearm? Is your arm hiding the firearm at any time? Does a jacket or shirt ever get over the firearm to conceal it even a little?

Any of that happen and a cop can say you were attempting to conceal the firearm and ticket you or whatever. Its not about your intent to open carry. Its at judgement of others. Phone Post

bobby14 - I think people will start shit with you. I got my ccw. A Red dot on the chest will hopefully do the trick. If not I'm shooting to kill. Dead men don't talk. Phone Post
I'm hoping the open carry will thwart anyone from making me want to put a little red surprise on their forehead, however I do see where the "tough" guys would want to test someone who is open carrying just to rile them up. Phone Post 3.0

I would rather people not know when I'm carrying.

edit for spelling

10/17/13 first post on the OG. I smell something living under a bridge. Phone Post 3.0

TexDeuce - 10/17/13 first post on the OG. I smell something living under a bridge. Phone Post 3.0
Had another account just couldn't access the email it was connected to so set this one up. I think what your smelling is the sweaty ballsack on your face? Phone Post 3.0

Festus - Open carry vs concealed carry is open to interpretation. How much os your holster concealing the firearm? Is your arm hiding the firearm at any time? Does a jacket or shirt ever get over the firearm to conceal it even a little?

Any of that happen and a cop can say you were attempting to conceal the firearm and ticket you or whatever. Its not about your intent to open carry. Its at judgement of others. Phone Post
Usually have my shirt tucked and don't wear large shirts ever. It's a Blackhawk holster that's quite large and the xd .45 itself is not a small gun by any means, even the subcompact that I have. The double stack mags make it a thick gun. It's either the xd or my cheap ass hand cannon the Rossi 44 mag and I shoot much much better with the xd Phone Post 3.0

TIONMAN - 
TexDeuce - 10/17/13 first post on the OG. I smell something living under a bridge. Phone Post 3.0
Had another account just couldn't access the email it was connected to so set this one up. I think what your smelling is the sweaty ballsack on your face? Phone Post 3.0

Someone already said it but personally if in a bad situation i would rather someone not know what i have vs putting it all out there. Yes them seeing my weapon may prevent a confrontation from occurring vs having it concealed, but again, i don't want anyone to know what i've got. Phone Post 3.0

cpeal63 - Someone already said it but personally if in a bad situation i would rather someone not know what i have vs putting it all out there. Yes them seeing my weapon may prevent a confrontation from occurring vs having it concealed, but again, i don't want anyone to know what i've got. Phone Post 3.0

This. Why raise unwanted attention. I want nothing to do with a confrontation with a cop let alone a criminal.

Let the criminal find out I have a weapon as I blow his head off.

He hit the nail on the head. I carry to defend myself and my loved ones from somebody trying to hurt or kill them. Nothing more. Phone Post

unclephilly -
cpeal63 - Someone already said it but personally if in a bad situation i would rather someone not know what i have vs putting it all out there. Yes them seeing my weapon may prevent a confrontation from occurring vs having it concealed, but again, i don't want anyone to know what i've got. Phone Post 3.0

This. Why raise unwanted attention. I want nothing to do with a confrontation with a cop let alone a criminal.

Let the criminal find out I have a weapon as I blow his head off.
What these two said.
Open carrying won't stop a goal oriented bad guy. You'd be the first to go. Phone Post 3.0

TIONMAN -

Well in that case, if you are actually a real person......just LOFL at thinking some criminal will be intimidated by you open carrying. You will be an instant target. One or two guys could easily take you from behind and take your gun. Then shoot you with it if they haven't already shot you. Open carry is dumb. Phone Post

But I also think. A lot less crime would happen after about 5 years of everybody open carrying like the western days. Let natural selection run it's course. A lot of people would die off the start. Then it would settle out. Phone Post

Police open carry for a reason.

I prefer to open carry for comfort. If it's a hassle to carry concealed, you will be less likely to carry.

Bad guys usually target easy targets, not people the think will fight back.

I will conceal carry if a place has a no weapons sign and the wife makes me go anyway.

Never been questioned or hassled by police.

mrobnoxious1 - Police open carry for a reason.

I prefer to open carry for comfort. If it's a hassle to carry concealed, you will be less likely to carry.

Bad guys usually target easy targets, not people the think will fight back.

I will conceal carry if a place has a no weapons sign and the wife makes me go anyway.

Never been questioned or hassled by police.

Police are also above the law. (No I'm not angry inch) and have force in numbers. I agree it could thwart some things before they start. But also think it could trigger somebody's tough guy mentality. And cause them to pick a fight for no reason other than to feel big and bad. I guess it's really all depending on your environment. For me I don't really have to worry about being mugged in my town. Or jumped unless I pissed somebody off. And really there is very few shootings here. So ccw is the way to go for Me. Keeping peoples attention off me is what I want to do. I have no interest in playing hero. If its not my life or my family or loved ones. I'm not risking jail time or thousands in court fees because I shot some robber in a grocery story and now he can't work the rest of his life. Phone Post

I will never open carry for 2 reasons...

1) I don't want to make anyone unnecessarily uncomfortable.

2) If I ever have to draw my weapon in anger I don't want my attacker to see me coming.

Want to survive a life and death situation.... Fly under the radar until it is time to act. Phone Post