Opening video for Fedor vs. Rogers on CBS (vid)

Preview the opening video for CBS Saturday Night Fights before it airs live on Saturday at 9pm ET/PT.

That's good.

Cool

Cool imagery. I love the "epic" tone; their approach to promo material couldn't be more different than the UFC's. Canned trash talk against a black screen just wouldn't work for a Fedor fight. 

Pretty good, I don't know why, but there is something about Gus that just doesn't sit right with me.

TTT

about freaking time they used the still shots, dont know why they havent done that yet, easy way to get around the video rights

ttt

Didn't realize Rogers was that much taller.

Nice.

I hope the skinned-alive fighter rules & demo videos got vetoed by CBS.

brb gotta go change my pants

Cool imagery. I love the "epic" tone; their approach to promo material couldn't be more different than the UFC's. Canned trash talk against a black screen just wouldn't work for a Fedor fight.

Couldn't agree more. I don't think it works for the UFC, honestly. First, they open with the ridiculous gladiator imagery, and then cut to a dude with a mohawk saying "I'm going to hit him so hard with my knees, it's going fucking abort his unborn child. The one inside his wife. Right during the show." They need to start doing some actual promotional videos instead of the Real World confessionals.

needs more gladitors, tribal tats, booms and than fedor is ready to hit the mainstream!

Sublime7SD - 

Couldn't agree more. I don't think it works for the UFC, honestly. First, they open with the ridiculous gladiator imagery, and then cut to a dude with a mohawk saying "I'm going to hit him so hard with my knees, it's going fucking abort his unborn child. The one inside his wife. Right during the show." They need to start doing some actual promotional videos instead of the Real World confessionals.

This. FEG is still lightyears ahead of Zuffa in this department.

Just a wonderful promo. It's here guys Fedor going mainstream. Just wait if Fedor does what we know he can do everyone in your office that thought Chuck Liddell is the greatest fighter ever will now be on the Fedor band wagon.

Hes not our secret anymore.

thanks card.

that was awesome!

much better than the UFC black screen with someone spraying water as they shadowbox opening that has been done to death along with them just talking infont a black screen.

I loved how creative Dream would get with their opening videos and production value. It just added that much more to the presentation.

Glad CBS is using a movie's theatrical type of hype. Instead of the horrible heavy metal music and cheap gladiator picking up sand opening.

great production

much better than the UFC black screen with someone spraying water as they shadowbox opening that has been done to death along with them just talking infont a black screen.

How stupid is that shadowboxing with mist thing? How did that come about? The UFC can make some great promos but that has to go... along with "And it's ALL OVER!!"

I like this promo, but somehow the voice is not as sharp as other commentator.

Anyway, great to see MMA and FEDOR on CBS!

good stuff - thanks for posting

Much better than the black background trash talk promo's.