opening weightlifting gym

Hi folks

I'm in IT. Due to outsourcing, offshoring and layoffs I've started thinking about what I could do if my IT job went away.

I've spent plenty of money at fitness centers/gyms using their tracks, treadmills, weights etc. I'm wondering what are the pros and cons of opening an exercise facility.

Can anyone comment?

Thanks

Mark

jusz one way to determine the viability of a business idea is to do a 12 month cash flow. If you'd like to do one I can help you get started and work through the process with you.

Step 1: Fixed Costs

Equipment

Make a list of ALL the equipment that you'd like to have. You'll probably whittle the list down to what you can aford to have at first, then add later. You may want to lease the equipment to start - if things don't go as planned you'll want a way to back out of the lease.

Rent

Go to a real estate agent and find out it there are buildings/space for rent in your area, and how much they'd be per month. Remember the three rules for looking for a site:

1. Location

2. Location

3. Location

Start with those two items and I'll help you with the rest if you'd like.

Karl

"jusz one way to determine the viability of a business idea is to do a 12 month cash flow. If you'd like to do one I can help you get started and work through the process with you"

Ok. Can you send me your email address so we don't bore the readers.

My email is juszczec@hotmail.com

I'll start working on a list of stuff I'd need to open with.

Mark

retainment is the biggest problem.