Opinions needed: what's the lightest weight glove

Posted this on the main forum, but I figured I'd get more feedback here: what's the lowest weight boxing glove you'd allow a female around 120 lbs to spar with? Or a 200 lbs male?

Saw some interesting things while visiting a couple of gyms....women sparring hard with 10 oz. fight gloves. Larger women(around 150 lb) sparring with 12 oz

Plus, an over 200 lbs adult male banging away with 14's.

I had always been told if you're an adult male, 16 oz was the norm.

Females, maybe 12 oz minimum, 14-16 for the bigger women.
Just looking for opinions
Thanks! Phone Post 3.0

For a man that size it can go up to 18 oz or even 20.
The female, keep them with 14s or something. You're not trying to take each others heads off after all, it's only sparring Phone Post 3.0

Browny85 - For a man that size it can go up to 18 oz or even 20.
The female, keep them with 14s or something. You're not trying to take each others heads off after all, it's only sparring Phone Post 3.0
I agree. That's why I was shocked seeing some people knowingly and willingly wearing little gloves. A bit irresponsible IMO. Phone Post 3.0

People here might disagree slightly but I just don't see the point in wearing anything less than 16oz unless it's a restricted spar.

I put 14s on the other day because I'm unfit and I wanted to give a lad a bit of a hiding round the ribs and nose (trainers will understand: throws big shots, thinks he's better than he is, long history of being late, not turning up at all, using his fucking eCig in the gym despite multiple warnings).

Anyway, there's two girls, in particular, in our gym and the temptation is to just let them spar in the same gloves they've been wearing the whole session but they do throw hard shots and I just think they should have 16s, 18s, bigger the better.

I've heard kickboxers on here say they are fine with whatever gloves but boxers, especially pros, can't get a feel for a shot or a combination unless they can bang it in a bit and you don't want sore hands and sore faces or godforbid broken hands/faces, no-brainer imo. Phone Post 3.0

Furthermore, if a decent lad tries to sneak into a spar wearing 12s, they are a cunt, that's a cunts trick, straight up. Phone Post 3.0

So, me being offended by girls wearing 10-12's isn't out of line? Phone Post 3.0

At my club we all the carded seniors have these 20 oz pro box sparring gloves. They're not ideal but everyone has the same so there's no foul play. Phone Post 3.0

Bryan72 - So, me being offended by girls wearing 10-12's isn't out of line? Phone Post 3.0
If I had to get in there with them, it would piss me off if they had 12s on.

Apart from the fact that it does actually sting getting hit with small gloves, I don't want to be getting marked up on the face and arms all the time, it's pointless abuse. Phone Post 3.0