Opioid damages cost J&J $572 million

A judge has ordered Johnson & Johnson to pay $572 million for "fueling" the opioid crisis in Oklahoma.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/johnson-johnson-ordered-to-pay-572-million-in-oklahoma-opioid-case-11566850079

Basically nothing for them 

Yea!

Ouch

No ouch.

Thats just their penny jar.

Hopefully more states follow suit

Junnk -

Basically nothing for them 

Yes buts one smaller sized state. What will NY, NY, Tex and Cali get when they file similar suits.

So, where does this fine money go to?

Why not just give them all 1/2 price Oxys for life?

1 Like

Sad thing is that the ones who should be punished are the politicians and lobbyists.  They are the ones with real blood on their hands but will never be held accountable 

1 Like
jake11 - 

Sad thing is that the ones who should be punished are the politicians and lobbyists.  They are the ones with real blood on their hands but will never be held accountable 

But there isn't much of a division among those groups. The pharma companies pay the lobbyists, the lobbyists practically write the laws, the politicians go to work for the pharma and/or lobby firms, and the revolving door just continues with the same assholes getting more and more money.

So, it's all the same people with blood on their hands...

KBird - 
jake11 - 

But there isn't much of a division among those groups. The pharma companies pay the lobbyists, the lobbyists practically write the laws, the politicians go to work for the pharma and/or lobby firms, and the revolving door just continues with the same assholes getting more and more money.

It's their fault the same way mass shootings are the blame of gun manufacturers.

Just because dumb fucks abuse the product you make doesn't make it their fault when someone gets hurt. Personal responsibility has to come in somewhere.

1 Like
Burt Reynoldz -
KBird - 
jake11 - 

It's their fault the same way mass shootings are the blame of gun manufacturers.

Just because dumb fucks abuse the product you make doesn't make it their fault when someone gets hurt. Personal responsibility has to come in somewhere.

I tend to agree with this. Although when these drugs are being pushed by Doctors, it's hard to not get hooked I would think. Especially for suregeries and such. 

2 Likes

Had a 28 yr old friend pass away 5 years ago due to an OD on perc's. I never knew he was even messing with them, I knew he drank and smoked a little pot but never the pill kinda guy. His dad found him in his room dead and his perc pill bottle next to him on the bed. Apparently he had a back issue and the dr prescribed him percs a month or two before that, his dad said he just started taking them and wouldn't stop because they made his back feel better and the dr gave them to him.

My old work partner was hooked on them as well because he was allowed to be cause of pain management. He was going thru 240 10mg percs a month. I tried to talk to him a few times but to no avail, he would just say he was allowed to be on them because his Dr said so and work. Passed away 2 years ago, wife found him face down in the garage. Died from alcohol and percs.

Slap on the wrist?

Roughly 2.5 days of Revenue?

Burt Reynoldz -
KBird - 
jake11 - 

This

1 Like

Wahhh I cant handle a prescription drug.

Fuck off with this opioid crisis shit.

3 Likes
Brockback Mountain - Wahhh I cant handle a prescription drug.

1 Like
Brockback Mountain - Wahhh I cant handle a prescription drug.

I don't know if I would dismiss it that easily.  In the early 2000's I was prescribed oxy for a prolonged bout of kidney stones.  I really didn't know much about it and just trusted the doc.  I started to experience bad symptoms from it and I asked my doctor about the dangers of oxy.  He dismissed my concerns and said if I need it I need it and not to worry about it.   I got off of them on my own and the withdrawals were worse than the kidney stones.

"Let the buyer beware" should be a motto that applies to used cars, not medicine.

1 Like
Soup and Beer -

I don't know if I would dismiss it that easily.  In the early 2000's I was prescribed oxy for a prolonged bout of kidney stones.  I really didn't know much about it and just trusted the doc.  I started to experience bad symptoms from it and I asked my doctor about the dangers of oxy.  He dismissed my concerns and said if I need it I need it and not to worry about it.   I got off of them on my own and the withdrawals were worse than the kidney stones.

"Let the buyer beware" should be a motto that applies to used cars, not medicine.

I've seen people go from hurting their back and getting meds from the doc to losing everything in their life and being a slave to heroin. It's a slippery slope if you get to a certain point.

MojoSoDope - 
Soup and Beer -

I've seen people go from hurting their back and getting meds from the doc to losing everything in their life and being a slave to heroin. It's a slippery slope if you get to a certain point.

I had a small surgery, got opioids for the pain to help sleep.

Took them until my neck felt better and then stopped taking them. Worked great.

I Didnt even suck one dick for opiods.

2 Likes