Oregon state bars GOP voter statement

The Oregon Republican Party’s statement for the state voters’ pamphlet arrived 29 seconds too late and won’t appear in the guide mailed to voters for the November election, officials say.

SALEM, Ore.-- The Oregon Republican Party’s statement for the state voters’ pamphlet arrived 29 seconds too late and won’t appear in the guide mailed to voters for the November election, officials say.

Laura Fosmire, a spokeswoman for Secretary of State Bev Clarno, said deadlines apply equally to everyone. Clarno is a Republican.

The state GOP says it is suing to try to get its statement into the guide.

The statement submitted by the Republican Party was headlined ‘‘Had enough? Vote Republican!’’ It attacked Democratic leadership in Oregon.

1 Like

Republicans allowing themselves to get cucked per usual.

2 Likes

Its like how the cops are one step behind the criminals- The Republicans are one step behind the criminal democrats

1 Like

Seems like maybe it was done on purpose. Now we have a controversy to use when the Democrats win, and I hope the Republicans demand a bunch of recounts and accuse other countries of tampering and fight tooth and nail because that’s how elections are now.

There isn’t a single living soul within a thousand miles of the fence in Oregon, much less anyone sitting on it. I sure as shit don’t see why anything in Oregon matters in this context.

Gavin Newsom won the CA governorship without bothering to submit a candidate statement. I'm not even joking. 

1 Like

Petty bureaucrat on a power trip doing petty bureaucrat shit. This kind of thing happens all the time regardless of which political party the bureaucrat belongs to, and is why people generally hate bureaucrats.

3 Likes
BarkLikeADog - There isn't a single living soul within a thousand miles of the fence in Oregon, much less anyone sitting on it. I sure as shit don't see why anything in Oregon matters in this context.

That’s just silly.

Of course there are people on the fence, just like anywhere else. Almost nobody is ENTIRELY conservative or liberal on every issue. Most people have some issues where they lean left, and others where they lean right. Some issues that they really care about, and other issues that they don’t really give two shits.

Oregon is no different. There are plenty of suburban soccer moms there who lean conservative but revile Trump personally, and they have to choose which is more important to them. There are also plenty of classic liberals who leaned slightly left for decades but now find themselves adrift after the massive leftward lurch of their party who have to decide whether they can stomach voting Republican. Then there are the union workers, who have way more in common with the Republicans culturally but come from generations of union labor Democrats and whose union leadership mostly still leans that way. They have to decide between loyalty to their union and the party of the parents and grandparents, or to their own conscience.

^Sorry but I’ve actually been to Oregon.

Steve4192 - 
BarkLikeADog - There isn't a single living soul within a thousand miles of the fence in Oregon, much less anyone sitting on it. I sure as shit don't see why anything in Oregon matters in this context.

That’s just silly.

Of course there are people on the fence, just like anywhere else. Almost nobody is ENTIRELY conservative or liberal on every issue. Most people have some issues where they lean left, and others where they lean right. Some issues that they really care about, and other issues that they don’t really give two shits.

Oregon is no different. There are plenty of suburban soccer moms there who lean conservative but revile Trump personally, and they have to choose which is more important to them. There are also plenty of classic liberals who leaned slightly left for decades but now find themselves adrift after the massive leftward lurch of their party who have to decide whether they can stomach voting Republican. Then there are the union workers, who have way more in common with the Republicans culturally but come from generations of union labor Democrats and whose union leadership mostly still leans that way. They have to decide between loyalty to their union and the party of the parents and grandparents, or to their own conscience.

It will not matter with the results, IMO.

It still matters, overall. I would bet there is still a shift with everything that has happened in Oregon. However, small petty shit like this is what the majority of people are sick of. The public will hear about this and become even more frustrated.

BarkLikeADog - ^Sorry but I've actually been to Oregon.

I live here.  There is middle ground voters.  Most lean one way or the other (usually left in the NW), but they exist

OK, now apply that same standard to mail in votes that arrive late

Jack Carter -

OK, now apply that same standard to mail in votes that arrive late

![](upload://rf076NpPJ0aOxDhYupHk1XABjLk.gif)

DKielbasa -

Its like how the cops are one step behind the criminals- The Republicans are one step behind the criminal democrats

Almost like it’s planned....like they work together.

Trump Twen Twen (2020)!!!

Freaky_Hibiki - Seems like maybe it was done on purpose. Now we have a controversy to use when the Democrats win, and I hope the Republicans demand a bunch of recounts and accuse other countries of tampering and fight tooth and nail because that's how elections are now.

That’s how every democrat loss has gone down in my lifetime.

BLAD talking in absolutes again.....

Why didn't they send it in time? Morons 

2 Likes
DKielbasa -

Well, 30 seconds at least. And about 30 years... When it comes to evolution. 

madmartigan - 
DKielbasa -

Your evolution:

![](upload://yt7aMzi6Q0yIKicslAcDcwpqzSg.jpeg)

madmartigan -
DKielbasa -

Democrats are living proof that most gene mutations are not a net positive, genetic drift can cause a loss of reproductive sexual identity, and they would never come out on top in a survival of the fittest scenario. Evolutionary Biologiy is not on your side

1 Like