Organizing my CD collection during quarantine.

So I’ve taken this time to finally move all the CDs I have out of their jewel cases and into a binder. Between Mrs. Crawler and I we have over 2000 store bought CDs that have sat in boxes since we moved up to the house. The CDs were in a very rough alphabetical order due to packing and what have you so this box seems to be a mix of Ls through M. It’s been a real pain in the ass to move them but freeing up a shit ton to storage space in the basement. 

In any case, how many of these CDs/Albums do you remember?

![](upload://eiPoI41TpifaRnfeewrFMjgYknG.jpeg)

These were the CDs that were on top in that box.

What's a CD?

Get rid of those....

C'mon now....

Whassa matta wit yu...?

Barbara Mandrell? Well then you can probably drop the Mrs. Nitecrawler bit. It's all cool 

papa pump -

What's a CD?

I knew that was coming. LOL. 

I had five of those 4 per page case logic binders at one point. Then ripped them all at 320 to a hard drive. Then put that in storage and lost it. Now I have Spotify and a phone. 

Hey my friend, I want to give you a word of warning.

I used to have a big collection like yours, and a cool big cd player.  But as time and technology went on, I got rid of the cases and put them in a folder.  I got rid of the towers I used to have. Eventually I even got into streaming too.

I totally regret it.  I wish I had all my Cd collection, and cases back.   I miss the tactile feel of using CDs.  I miss seeing the towers with their prominent visual display.   I even made the mistake of throwing away the paper contents.  In a folder, they lose some value.  Strangely I dont appreciate them as much.

And with streaming, lol,  I can only ever recall about 7 things that I can remember to choose to listen to.  I listen to the same things over and over.

So, yes, if i could have all my Cds and cases and towers back, I would.

ABCTT_Disco Dracula -

Get rid of those....

C'mon now....

Whassa matta wit yu...?

Nah man, putting them all into storage binders that take up a fraction of the space and then recycling all the jewel cases. At this point I think I’ve filled up about 4 blue recycle trash cans outside Over the last few weeks with just jewel cases. The sanitation dudes must be like “WTF is going on in that house?!?”

DY2 -

I used to have a big collection like yours, and a cool big cd player.  But as time and technology went on, I got rid of the cases and put them in a folder.  I got rid of the towers I used to have. Eventually I even got into streaming too.

I totally regret it.  I wish I had all my Cd collection, and cases back.   I miss the tactile feel of using CDs.  I miss seeing the towers with their prominent visual display.   I even made the mistake of throwing away the paper contents.  In a folder, they lose some value.  Strangely I dont appreciate them as much.

And with streaming, lol,  I can only ever recall about 7 things that I can remember to choose to listen to.  I listen to the same things over and over.

This

Barbara mandrell, nelson and nkotb.

Nice OP.

DY2 -

I hear you. 

Our first apartment the entire living room was lined with slimline racks filled with CDs. Everytime people would come over they would usually spend a few minutes just going through a rack or two looking at the various artists. 

When we moved to the our next apartment the racks went into the attic and when we moved to the house we got rid of them. 

I am keeping all the liner notes and track listings from inside the jewel case and have put them opposite the CD inside the binders, so instead of 4 CDs per page there is only 2 plus the booklet/liner notes. Going through these boxes is like a trip down memory lane. So many memories tied to these CDs.  

Nitecrawler - 
papa pump -

What's a CD?

And what the fuck is a anaconda??

EFM -

Barbara mandrell, nelson and nkotb.

Nice OP.

BM and NKOTB are my wife’s but I will admit to owning that Nelson CD. LOL. 

I still listen to that Marcy Playground pretty regularly. 

Ah cool im working on organizing my 8 tracks right now!

Graduate1 -
Nitecrawler - 
papa pump -

What's a CD?

Hey Grad1 my old buddy how you doing?

No Euros eh?  You would have thought that?  We are in full lockdown here.  Went to supermarket yesterday and they are only letting in ten at a time.  Lining up was like waiting for a rollercoaster.

Graduate1 -
Nitecrawler - 
papa pump -

What's a CD?

Something that don’t want none unless you got buns, hun?

1 Like
DY2 - 
Graduate1 -
Nitecrawler - 
papa pump -

What's a CD?

No Euros eh?  You would have thought that?  We are in full lockdown here.  Went to supermarket yesterday and they are only letting in ten at a time.  Lining up was like waiting for a rollercoaster.

Hey brother - crazy times. I was going to go to the England vs Cro game but what can you do. Hope all is well…

Graduate1 - 
DY2 - 
Graduate1 -
Nitecrawler - 
papa pump -

What's a CD?

Hey brother - crazy times. I was going to go to the England vs Cro game but what can you do. Hope all is well…

yeah good.  crazy times indeed.  how time has flown.  world cup nearly two years ago.  wtf. anyway, i wont derail nitecrawlers thread. cheers man.  oh and lionsoul has gone?  shame.  good fellow.