Orlando TME- where to live ? what to do ?

Is it a decent place to live ?

Suggested neighborhoods/ area of town or nearby towns to live ?

Will need to be in downtown on weekdays.

I have been to Orlando plenty of times but always very mission specific so to speak and have not ventured/drifted around that much.

Traffic seems surprisingly slow.

I'm thinking it, but I'll let someone else take the glory. Phone Post 3.0

I live in Orlando. East Orlando. It's not bad. If you have money I recommend the Celebration area. 

KZTT_MMAfan55 - 

I live in Orlando. East Orlando. It's not bad. If you have money I recommend the Celebration area. 

Thanks, I will be back to town in a week or two.

This time I will have to pay a little more attention.

To me everything kind of just blends in as one section of suburbs and strip malls after another. Not knocking it, just my impression, I need to pay attention to the different areas.

williepep -
KZTT_MMAfan55 - 

Thanks, I will be back to town in a week or two.

This time I will have to pay a little more attention.

To me everything kind of just blends in as one section of suburbs and strip malls after another. Not knocking it, just my impression, I need to pay attention to the different areas.

It definitely does. Orlando is one of those cities that doesn't really have a cultural identity. 

Don't live in Orlando. The east coast is a 45-60 minute drive downtown. You'll spend that much time sitting in I-4 traffic everyday if you live anywhere near downtown. I'd suggest picking somewhere along SR528 heading east. What type of livings do you prefer?  Need space or is an apartment all you need?

fuzzislipperz - 

Don't live in Orlando. The east coast is a 45-60 minute drive downtown. You'll spend that much time sitting in I-4 traffic everyday if you live anywhere near downtown. I'd suggest picking somewhere along SR528 heading east. What type of livings do you prefer?  Need space or is an apartment all you need?

Prefer a little space if possible or likely.

However, getting into downtown daily will be necessary so I realize may need to compromise.

Good information by the way. Can you name a couple of areas you suggest ?

Funny about the traffic, I always look on maps at how close everything is then am surprised at how long it takes to get from place to place.

Heard they have a killer club scene. O.O Phone Post 3.0

Celebration is a great area. We wound up there following Katrina. It was Disney's original planned community,they have since turned it over to the residents.It is right next to Disney.Picture a super-neighborhood with sections...downtown has post office,shops,restaurants,a lake,swimming pool,ball courts...It is divided into villages,north ,south,east,west...each has pools,parks,etc.

It has it's own neighborhood k-8 school, a high school,and an assortment of churches.Check it out ,for sure.

The neighborhoods have mixtures of gorgeous estate houses on the golf course, garden houses,and condos. I have a 3 bedroom/ 2 bathroom condo that I am considering selling. Driving down I-4 or Hwy 192, you wouldn't even know it was there.

williepep -
fuzzislipperz - 

However, getting into downtown daily will be necessary so I realize may need to compromise.

Funny about the traffic, I always look on maps at how close everything is then am surprised at how long it takes to get from place to place.

Yeah, I'm a guy that needs space as well. Heading east from Orlando on 528 I would check out Wedgefield, it's about 25-30 minutes from downtown. There's a good mixture of big lots and big houses and a neighborhood with the typical 1/4 acre lots and houses closer together. 

Don't move to Celebration, it's a glorified Disney neighborhood right next to shitty Kissimmee which is where the people that come rob your house live. Disney regulations on your HOA make it hell if you don't fit their cookie cutter mold.

If you're single, move Downtown and save yourself the commute. If not, try Winter Park or Dr. Phillips. Both are great areas with the top two central FL schools in then (WP High School and Dr. Phillips High).

I've lived here from 94-2000 and 07-now, ask away if you want good advice from an actual local.

I second Winter Park.

I just moved down here about 2 months ago. We flew down here a few times house hunting and tried to check out as many neighborhoods as we could. I wanted to live away from the city and have some land but we couldn't find anything within reason. After tons of research we ended up settling in Windermere. There are tons of rich shit heads but has good schools and crime is practically non-existent.

From what i have discovered so far, Dr. Phillips is nice too.

fuzzislipperz - 
williepep -
fuzzislipperz - 

Yeah, I'm a guy that needs space as well. Heading east from Orlando on 528 I would check out Wedgefield, it's about 25-30 minutes from downtown. There's a good mixture of big lots and big houses and a neighborhood with the typical 1/4 acre lots and houses closer together. 

Thanks I have been busy and away form OG.

Thanks for the information very different and interesting option.

TomorrowLand.

Can ride Space Mountain whenever you want.

Twinkle Toes - I just moved down here about 2 months ago. We flew down here a few times house hunting and tried to check out as many neighborhoods as we could. I wanted to live away from the city and have some land but we couldn't find anything within reason. After tons of research we ended up settling in Windermere. There are tons of rich shit heads but has good schools and crime is practically non-existent.

From what i have discovered so far, Dr. Phillips is nice too.

Hey neighbor!

Winter Park is very nice.

Wedgefield has land but it's pretty far from everything, and you're technically in Bithlo, gross!

I work in Celebration. It is quite nice but there are definitely hoops to jump through 

I lived in Lake Mary when I worked in Orlando. The commute on I-4 can be a bitch, but Lake Mary is very nice.

Chango

Single or married?
Kids?

I lived all over Orlando/C FL. Phone Post 3.0