OSS

Osss! Phone Post

OSS! Phone Post

I find this stupid. Just my opinion.

Jorx - I find this stupid. Just my opinion.

me to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkNkr0HuXlc

at 7:35 when bowing out of class these judoka say it. In Japan, instructed by Kimura.

This short film was made in 1965 so it isn't a new thing by any means.

Judo Scott -

me to

I like it! After all...we're wearing an outfit meant to mimic the kimono type clothing worn by the japanese people...practicing an art brought to brazil from Japan. I see nothing wrong with using a saying they use.

Why the hate? Phone Post

Dooky Belt Deluxe - seriously.... every Tom Dick and Harry with a stripe on their white belt on facebook puts this shit up every day... retarded.

Facebook is retarded. Phone Post

porra - 
Judo Scott -

me to
I like it! After all...we're wearing an outfit meant to mimic the kimono type clothing worn by the japanese people...practicing an art brought to brazil from Japan. I see nothing wrong with using a saying they use.

Why the hate? Phone Post

Its the guys saying all the time that I hate. Instructor says something OSSS. Buddy says something cool OSSSS. Time to get water OSSSS.

I like tradition but some people take it over the top.

It's a bit more complicated than that Gracie piece.

Here is a more comprehensive article about it, which I have posted before:

http://www.24fightingchickens.com/2005/08/29/appropriate-usage-of-osu/

Judo Scott -
porra - 
Judo Scott -

me to

Why the hate? Phone Post

Its the guys saying all the time that I hate. Instructor says something OSSS. Buddy says something cool OSSSS. Time to get water OSSSS.

I like tradition but some people take it over the top.

Fair enough...OSS!

;) Phone Post

I don't hate osu i hate what it has become lame as fuck

I never hear 'OSS' in judo, I hear 'onegaishimas' though...

Colt Seavers - We say "Hiyoooo!" at our gym.

Obviously a Lloyd Irvin gym

. Phone Post

I went to proelite this past weekend and saw them yellow OSS shirts. Looked. ..... .... ...... ........ different.

Lol @ all the haters. I never really hear it anywhere else, besides when my teams fb page posts something about getting ready for competitions and tournaments, then they'll say osss at the end. Phone Post

I've been told that in Japan it's considered pretty thuggish, young guys will say it to make it appear that they're Yakuza. I've seen multiple Yakuza films and documentaries where the young Yakuza (Chinpira) will be lined up waiting for the bosses to arrive. When one arrives, they bow and loudly shout OSSSSSSSSSS!

I'm not really down with the osss.