Osteopath or Chiropractor for Lower Back Pain?

I have lower back pain. It has been constant for the past 2 months or so.

I have never been to an osteopath or a chiropractor before.

Would anyone recommend either for treating lower back pain?

Thanks.

a GOOD chiro doing active release (ART) is invaluable if done right provided your affliction is muscular not skeletal/disc

Does it radiate (I.e. down a leg)? When someone palpates the area does it hurt? Hx of back probs in family?

Doesn't radiate.

Doesn't hurt when touched.

No history of back pain as far as I know.

It probably depends a lot on the practioner, but I personally have not had luck with Chiro.  In fact, the last time I went, I had minor pain in my upper left shoulder due to an injury and after his adjustment, I could barely walk for about 2 days afterward.  I had intense pain in my lower back that I didn't have when I went in for the visit.  

When I returned to his office for a follow up visit and to explain what had happened, he told me basically that it happens sometimes with adjustments--sort of a one step back in order to take two steps forward.  This is really the analogy that he gave me!

I think your best bet is going to a MD, let him do some x-rays and then prescribe physical therapy.  Registered physical therapists seem to have much better knowledge of anatomy and treatments that are safe.  

Good luck with your healing!

I just went through this except with my mid back. Prior to this I had only visited one other chiropractor. I was referred to that one by my lawyer (car accident). This dude would just put me on some massage table, hook up some electric shit to my back and that was it. Repeated this process for about 3 months two times a week.

About a week ago me and my brother were moving a table, his gripped slipped and he drops it while I'm still holding it and my back jerked in a funky way and bam my back was fucked up. It was pretty bad for 2 days. I couldn't even take deep breaths because it'd hurt my back.

I got a body massage from a massage place but it didn't really help. So I called a chiropractor and made an appointment. No lie by the first visit I felt a million times better. The session it self consisted of some korean dude digging his elbow right to where I was in pain. He worked on my back for about 15 painful minutes. When I left I felt way better. I went back yesterday just in case and today I don't even feel it. So from my experience there's some pretty legit ass chiropractors out there but there's also so shitty ones. Check out some Yelp reviews for your area.

Don't go see a regular strip mall chiro

You need to see a CCSP (clinical Chiropractic Sport Physician) who actually knows his stuff and works with pro athletes

osteopath or sports medicine dr or family dr

whole point is to get an rx for physical therapy

chiros? risky IMO. there are some good ones out there and there are an awful lot of bad ones.

juszczec - osteopath or sports medicine dr or family dr

whole point is to get an rx for physical therapy

chiros? risky IMO. there are some good ones out there and there are an awful lot of bad ones.

Again, avoid the risk by going directly to a CCSP chiropractor and nothing else.

what country are you in?

"hooker"? Damn someone is onto me!

I have a constant yet dull, moderate pain in my lower back.

I can't sit down on my sofa for instance because it is too aggravating.

It hurts and becomes worse when I bend over, twist, everything.

It is not agonizing pain, but it is always there. I can sleep OK but I have to sleep on a side.

I pulled something a while ago while I was moving house.

Every chiropractor (3) I've been too was a complete quack. Will never go again. Phone Post

Technofiend - I have lower back pain. It has been constant for the past 2 months or so.

I have never been to an osteopath or a chiropractor before.

Would anyone recommend either for treating lower back pain?

Thanks.

Good deep tissue massage, then Chiro. HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE

greco yeoman - Every chiropractor (3) I've been too was a complete quack. Will never go again. Phone Post
Time and active rest is the only way to go. Phone Post 3.0

^ that site seems pretty awesome. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks martin, I will check that site out,

BigEyedFish - a GOOD chiro doing active release (ART) is invaluable if done right provided your affliction is muscular not skeletal/disc

I agree with this. It is essential to get a diagnosis (MRI) before jumping into treatments blindly. Chiro adjustments can actually worsen disc injuries. Chiro is still a holistic approach to medicine.

Chiro is a snakeoil approach to medicine. You might as well see a homeopath.

neurokinetictherapy.com/

I plug this for low back pain every chance I get, and the inventor of this style of therapy does not pay me.

Went to a chiro once but it was a scam. Phone Post 3.0