Otterbox for Galaxy s9. No screen protector?

Do I need a screen protector, or no? I have this otterbox and insurance from bestbuy. The screen protector I got online is some flimsy piece of film that says lifetime warranty but I don't see how this "armorsuit" would really protect anything. The otterbox looks legit though.

Nm. Not going to use this piece of shit.

Nothing you can touch through is really going to do more than prevent scratches and maybe offer a little shatter protection. Screens are easy to replace. 

Samsung screens are by far the most expensive to replace so I would put every piece of protection available on it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QF3B12P?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

But, with the curved edges, know that you'll replace it often

I have an s9+, no screen protector.

I guess it really depends whether or not you're a phone dropper.  I am not, but I know people who drop their shit like it's their job. 

S9+ with Otterbox Commuter and no screen protector or go fuck your mother.  That's the policy around these parts. 

I'm a phone dropped. I use a cheap screen protector. It takes all the damage. Eventualy I get sick of looking at the cracks and replace it, but my actual screen is never damaged.

Not a phone dropper but I work in an environment where it could get roughed up against keys in my pocket. Should be good with the otterbox defender and the above pic for the screen.

Just get the otter box symmetry case and a tempered glass screen protector for the glass ... otterbox uses shitty plastic for their built in screen protectors anyways . I always just cut them out and use tempered glass . 

The one I posited above is tempered glass.

Floppy Divac -

Do I need a screen protector, or no? I have this otterbox and insurance from bestbuy. The screen protector I got online is some flimsy piece of film that says lifetime warranty but I don't see how this "armorsuit" would really protect anything. The otterbox looks legit though.

No. Been using the same phone and case since the s9 first came out. Landscaping, construction, camping, beach. Still looks almost brand new. Dropped more times than I can count. 

VFR -

Samsung screens are by far the most expensive to replace so I would put every piece of protection available on it.

Otter box is more than enough.  Still rocking my Note 5 that I bought new.  Fucking workhorse.

xNate -
VFR -

Otter box is more than enough.  Still rocking my Note 5 that I bought new.  Fucking workhorse.

Note 5 is several generations older than S9. Lots of changes in build design and materials so I don't think it's accurate to compare the durability of the two.

Never had a screen protector, I like the feel of the glass.

Urban Armour for my cases. Best case on the market.

VFR -
xNate -
VFR -

Note 5 is several generations older than S9. Lots of changes in build design and materials so I don't think it's accurate to compare the durability of the two.

and yet, it's the same otter box the whole time.

And what's this Bixby shit all about? 

Floppy Divac -

It's the button you accidentally push when you're trying to turn the volume down. 

1 Like

ABCTT_SENNIN -
Floppy Divac -

It's the button you accidentally push when you're trying to turn the volume down. 

So you don't use it either then? 

ABCTT_SENNIN -
Floppy Divac -

Hahahah

Ya