Out stretched hand =/= eye poke

Jones uses the out stretched hand to create and judge distance and his use of it is completely legal. On 2 occasions while using this technique he accidentally eye poked Glover which is illegal and jon was warned for it. It doesn't make the move illegal. Why can't you people understand this. Or are your sandy vag's not allowing you to understand. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah only two! Phone Post 3.0

Agreed with OP

Jones uses unique techniques that people don't usually see from other fighters. So when they do see it, there blind hate for Jones makes them think it's illegal. Case in point his completely legal front knee kick. Phone Post 3.0

Can't you guys just appreciate what a remarkable fighter he is and just enjoy his fights? Phone Post 3.0

You don't know what you are talking about. Glover got poked multiple times after the first two. Somewhere after the second or third he gave up on the ref doing his job and adjusted his approach.

Try closing the distance and punching a guy who is trying to finger fuck your eye socket.

You could actually see jones look confused as to what to do after the second warning. He tried to jab with a closed fist and quickly gave up and resorted back to his open handed jabbing because he was clueless.

Ignorant OP.

sekundarburnes - except when your outstretched hand pokes someone in the eye

So tell me the difference between the 2 below scenarios. In a 5 round fight....

Fighter A: Throws 30 leg kicks and 2 go high and hit his opponents groin. Fighter is warned that he will lose a point if it happens again.

Jones: Stiff arms opponent's face/head 30 times over the course of the fight and twice his fingers happen to go in an eye. He is warned a point will be deducted if it happens again.

The difference is that the goal of a leg kick is to damage your opponents leg. The only purpose of extending your fingers in your opponents face is to poke him in the fucking eyes...

Jones fans really will defend ANYTHING he does.

You guys are dumb he ONLY poked his eyes twice.

Lol Phone Post 3.0

Jones intentionally pokes the opposing fighter's eyes. That's no "special technique".

He tries to blind the fighter and quickly attacks to catch the opponent off guard.

I can't believe there are people defending the obvious dirty and illegal tactic.

vagabond - The difference is that the goal of a leg kick is to damage your opponents leg. The only purpose of extending your fingers in your opponents face is to poke him in the fucking eyes...

I never bring up join dates, but if you really don't think holding your arm out serves a purpose, you likely just started watching combat sports in 2014. That is a great way to judge distance and has been used by boxers for decades. When Jones stiff arms an opponent, it is generally followed up with a right hand or left elbow when his distance is where he wants. Pay attention.

It is a boxing and muay thai technique. You can really tell in these sort of threads who's just a fan and who has training or ring experience.

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
vagabond - The difference is that the goal of a leg kick is to damage your opponents leg. The only purpose of extending your fingers in your opponents face is to poke him in the fucking eyes...

I never bring up join dates, but if you really don't think holding your arm out serves a purpose, you likely just started watching combat sports in 2014. That is a great way to judge distance and has been used by boxers for decades. When Jones stiff arms an opponent, it is generally followed up with a right hand or left elbow when his distance is where he wants. Pay attention.

If you think that extending your fingers HELPS judge distance then I don't know what to tell you...

When you punch someone are your hands open or closed? If you judge distance with your fingers extended your distance is going to be off by the length of your fingers.

I guess your join date didn't teach you that.

Those eye pokes were pretty blatant... disappointing. He didn't need to do that to win.

jitzophrenic -

It is a boxing and muay thai technique. You can really tell in these sort of threads who's just a fan and who has training or ring experience.

We'll you've outed yourself then, Muppet. Phone Post 3.0

Robert P Hansson - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

Pay attention? Stop lying.

If he wanted to simply test distance, he could do it with a closed fist.

He's dirty and you know it.

Unless you can show me different, stiff arming an opponent is legal. He can do that. It's a fight, you guys need to stop crying.

Fighters throw leg kicks, which are legal, they sometimes hit their opponents groin, which is illegal.

Fighters throw knees to the legs or midsection, which is legal, they sometimes hit the groin, which is illegal.

Fighters slam opponents, which is legal, sometimes the opponent rotates causing them to land on their head, which is illegal.

Jones stiff arms opponents, which is legal, sometimes an eye poke occurs, which is illegal.

It's because he has his fucking fingers outstretched! He can judge all the distance he wants with a close fist. The reason he has is fingers outstretched is so his opponent can't move forward, which to me is a bitch move and not sportsmanship like! Phone Post 3.0

I love how Jones uses his hands to block his opponent's view, but yes, it presents a real problem with the eye pokes. I honestly don't think it's intentional but he gets too careless with it. Phone Post 3.0

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
Robert P Hansson - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

Pay attention? Stop lying.

If he wanted to simply test distance, he could do it with a closed fist.

He's dirty and you know it.

Unless you can show me different, stiff arming an opponent is legal. He can do that. It's a fight, you guys need to stop crying.

Fighters throw leg kicks, which are legal, they sometimes hit their opponents groin, which is illegal.

Fighters throw knees to the legs or midsection, which is legal, they sometimes hit the groin, which is illegal.

Fighters slam opponents, which is legal, sometimes the opponent rotates causing them to land on their head, which is illegal.

Jones stiff arms opponents, which is legal, sometimes an eye poke occurs, which is illegal.
This is the dumbest argument I've read in here in awhile.

So congrats on that. Phone Post 3.0