Outer Banks - Netflix original series.

Anyone else watching this?  It's a very formulaic mystery with a bunch of stereotypical characters, 30 year old actors playing 16 year old teenagers, basically a modern day Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew type mystery, a bunch of completely unrealistic stuff that happens, but it's somewhat entertaining.  

Almost like a teen soap opera.  It would probably fit right in on the Lifetime channel too.  

I can't be the only one here watching it so fess up.  

Jesus fucking christ....had to wait until episode 6 to finally see the chicks prancing around in bikinis.  

I liked it very much

I thought it was decent. Will watch season 2 when it comes out. It was hilarious though whenever they would scream “I’m only 16!” Lol

There was 3 problems for me.  Despite these issues, I did enjoy and will watch another season.  

SPOILER ALERT

1. Pope never knew that Ward stole the gold but yet he thought about it and even had a lightbulb go off in regards to the plane being heavy.  

2.  John B could have easily explained his side of the story through the CB when he stole the police truck.  

2. Not one of those kids said that Rafe shot the sheriff to the authorities which would have definitely brought some real attention.  They were panicking and going crazy but yet none of the three brought it up.  

slumdog - 

I thought it was decent. Will watch season 2 when it comes out. It was hilarious though whenever they would scream “I’m only 16!” Lol

Yeah, ultimately it turned out to be very entertaining.  But they really blew the casting.  30 year olds playing 16 year olds??  

1 Like

couldnt make it past the first episode. found it boring.

Principal Andy - 

Any nudity?

Unfortunately no.  There are really only two chicks in the show and the best we get is one or two scenes with them in bikinis.  

I liked it

angryinch -

Jesus fucking christ....had to wait until episode 6 to finally see the chicks prancing around in bikinis.  

You're a sad , pathetic old perverted fuck lol. Jesus

FloridaStriker - 
angryinch -

You're a sad , pathetic old perverted fuck lol. Jesus

I am not sad. 

1 Like

Although it was wholly unrealistic and full of WTF moments. My wife and I watched it and will likely watch season 2 if there is one. 

I liked it

nothing in this series captures anything about the place... no one on the cast even sounds like they are from NC

angryinch -

Anyone else watching this?  It's a very formulaic mystery with a bunch of stereotypical characters, 30 year old actors playing 16 year old teenagers, basically a modern day Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew type mystery, a bunch of completely unrealistic stuff that happens, but it's somewhat entertaining.  

Almost like a teen soap opera.  It would probably fit right in on the Lifetime channel too.  

I can't be the only one here watching it so fess up.  

The 2 main girls are hot as hell

Fun Fact. The don't even film the series at the Outer Banks. They film it in South Carolina.

The reason was the bathroom issue (let the pretend women go pee pee in the ladies room) that was going on when this series was amping up.

Funny thing is South Carolina is even more conservative the NC.

They just wanted to virtue signal I suppose.

Fuck I can’t believe I just took the time to look that up.

main kid is 27. 

all the rest of the main group are 21

So did the cop that was with the woman fly the plane away?