Overcoming Your Limitations with Jiu Jitsu

Great article by Aaron Lapointe, Carlson Gracie black belt who has not only overcome his limitation, but used it:

Overcoming Your Limitations with Jiu Jitsu

Nice Aaron!

aaron did a seminar in richmond a few years ago, it was a split seminar with hannette staack.
i was really excited to go, i was a newer blue belt at the time (iirc. full disclosure i'm a judogoat purple belt) and was looking forward to training with a world champ and carlson's first american blackbelt, and since we are part of the greater carlson (bjj revolution team) i was excited for this opportunity.

arron was the first half of the seminar. my jiu jitsu changed that day. i can not say enough about the impact that brief time aaron was teaching had on my jiu jitsu.

very nice article! Phone Post

good read. thanks.
i enjoy your site.

rva - aaron did a seminar in richmond a few years ago, it was a split seminar with hannette staack.

i was really excited to go, i was a newer blue belt at the time (iirc. full disclosure i'm a judogoat purple belt) and was looking forward to training with a world champ and carlson's first american blackbelt, and since we are part of the greater carlson (bjj revolution team) i was excited for this opportunity.

arron was the first half of the seminar. my jiu jitsu changed that day. i can not say enough about the impact that brief time aaron was teaching had on my jiu jitsu.

Aaron changed my game as well when I was a blue belt.  My guard went through a quick metamorphasis, and my eyes were opened to new possibilities.  

allchokedup - good read. thanks.

i enjoy your site.

Thanks!  Keep reading, and I'll keep putting them out there.  

Ltr Phone Post

I know my own teacher Rey is very impressed with Aaron's jiu jitsu skills and he has remarked to me about it on several occasions.

Excellent article!

Thanks for checking it out, guys!  Shen, I think I found the name you dropped.  

Very cool!

ttt

Double post

shen - 
I know my own teacher Rey is very impressed with Aaron's jiu jitsu skills and he has remarked to me about it on several occasions.

Shen, luckily Rey has seen me train on several ocassions because the one time I went to his school in LA I was paired up with one of his students who was also named Aaron and he just tore me up. Lol. That kid was good! On a side note, I remember when Rey and I rolled when I was a brown belt and after the roll he told Junior I was almost ready for my black belt.

ttt

Sub Phone Post

Next article from Aaron (along with a brief instructional video) will be up early in the week!