Overeem has been KOed 9 times

WAR OVEREEM!

Overeem only fights well when he gets off first and can overwhelm the opponent, like he does against all his B competition.

Against better comp, he's a real throw of the dice. He's mostly failed his big tests in MMA though, which probably indicates a mental factor, or some would say a heart factor.

On paper he should out gun Rogers, since both are primarily standup fighters (excluding Overeem's guillotine, which Rogers better prepare for), and Overeem has done well in K-1, whereas Rogers basically has Arlovski as his lone impressive KO. Alistair also has kicks and knees--basically more tools in the range of MMA both guys like to fight at.

But his chin does not match his current physique and his heart has never been exceptional. Therefore Rogers has a very real chance to win based on a single punch.

Fight's a toss up IMO, but I take Overeem by late 1st round sub, guillotine after landing some shots against the fence.

WoodenPupa - Overeem only fights well when he gets off first and can overwhelm the opponent, like he does against all his B competition.

Against better comp, he's a real throw of the dice. He's mostly failed his big tests in MMA though, which probably indicates a mental factor, or some would say a heart factor.

On paper he should out gun Rogers, since both are primarily standup fighters (excluding Overeem's guillotine, which Rogers better prepare for), and Overeem has done well in K-1, whereas Rogers basically has Arlovski as his lone impressive KO. Alistair also has kicks and knees--basically more tools in the range of MMA both guys like to fight at.

But his chin does not match his current physique and his heart has never been exceptional. Therefore Rogers has a very real chance to win based on a single punch.

Fight's a toss up IMO, but I take Overeem by late 1st round sub, guillotine after landing some shots against the fence.

This is the most reasoned assessment I have seen thus far on this fight. I especially agree with Overeem's chin not matching his physique, lol!

Although, I kind of feel that if Rogers comes in aggressive and really lets it all hang out early, he will increase his chances considerably. Overeem seems quite a bit slower since his mass has increased and I could see a wild rush like Rogers/Arlovski paying off. I think if Rogers is overly cautious, his puncher's chance will be significantly lessened since Overeem has so many more striking tools and much more experience.

overeem is a adcc trials winner, people quickly forget, the dude could out-grapple rogers in his sleep.

Overeem is a far better technical striker with more tools.

If he doesnt back straight up while not covering up (like AA) he will pummel rogers, get him to put his head down, lock in the guillatine and jump to guard. nighty night brett.

As over rated by some as Overeem is he will handily beat Rogers.

Honestly I think he was regarded as B-Level until he started Guillotining everyone...well that and when he began his new horse meat diet.

My favorite part of the kool-aid krew is how a guy who was getting KOed by 205ers, is going to be a world beater at a higher weight class based on muscle, because the more muscle you have the better you fight. That's why Ronnie Coleman will be champ someday.

You're giving Rogers WAY too much credit for catching Arlovski.  That's his only remotely relevant win in MMA period.  Overeem is simply better than Rogers at everything he's remotely good at.

Overeem via TKO in the first.

Apparently Overeem's success in K-1 is an indicator that he is now some highly ranked MMA fighter. UG isn't the only one who has fallen for this, I've seen him ranked as high as 7 in the top 10. When was his last big win? against Buentello?

I don't want to bash Overeem but until he actually beats legit opponents in MMA competition, I don't see a reason to believe he's even top 10 caliber. He crushes when fighters have him in the smallest amount of danger, and his gas tank always hurts him in the end.

anunaki - overeem is a adcc trials winner, people quickly forget, the dude could out-grapple rogers in his sleep.

No doubt he is a solid grappler, but that ADCC trials win is basically meaningless.  Go watch the matches on Youtube.  The competition was awful.  The guy he beat in the finals was a chubby purple belt. I have seen Grapplers Quest events with a higher talent level.

I don't think all the bromance in all the forums in the world are gonna save Overeem this time. he's gotta fight a real opponent again and I don't think he has the heart or the skill to get the win.

Rogers will prove he's the real deal here. He'll KO Overeem in about 3:00.

Okkun - Has he ever been out cold?

Yup...by freakin' Shogun...from the guard.

I almost think folks are overrating Overeem because they want to "prove" Fedor will fight someone who is a legit threat. But with 9 KOs on his record, that is laughable.

Do we really know anything about Rogers' chin? The only time I remember him getting hit with a solid shot was by Fedor, who KO'd him with it.

Rogers did get stunned by a shot by both Jon Murphy and Abongo in their fights that made him step back.

If his fight with Rogers goes like his other MMA fights he'll look invincible for the first three minutes then get KTFO.

"Apparently Overeem's success in K-1 is an indicator that he is now some highly ranked MMA fighter. UG isn't the only one who has fallen for this, I've seen him ranked as high as 7 in the top 10."

Laughably, WAMMA has him at #5. Lending much credibility to their claims of being the "true" rankings.

Other hilarious WAMMA rankings (as of November)):

Mousasi at #4 lhw (actually a DROP from his previous WAMMA ranking)

Diego at #3 lightweight

That list is a bunch of stars all those guys are or have been inte the top10. (Maybe not Hoffman and parris)

Overeem has been Ko'd 8 times, Ubereem has never been Ko'd. There's a big difference.

The Ubereem stuff is every bit as hilarious as the Antidote stuff!!