Overeem won't fight in September? UFC brass is mad

Didn't see this on here yet - the great Helwani just interviewed Ubereem and he said that he won't fight in September and that Zuffa is threatening to kick him out of the turney.

DISCUSS

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5263:if-youre-expecting-alistair-overeem-to-fight-bigfoot-silva-on-september-10th-we-have-some-bad-news-for-you&catid=34:organizations

I've been hearing stiring from someone close to a member of golden glory.... I thought it was total bs but kickboxing apparently is calling reems name.

I also heard he pulled 100k for k1 title...

I thought it was bs too as last I heard he hadn't even been paid yet. Phone Post

he says he wants to be active then wont fight in sept? that doesnt seem like a bad break to me, this is still a tournament and it shoudnt be stretched out over a long time, wat about silva? im sure hed like to get in there a month earlier hes been waiting forever

That's weak...he should do what's best for him but when the UFC cuts him out of the mix he can't come back complaining about him the best of the heavies are scared to fight him.

He scurred homie

CarlWinslow - I've been hearing stiring from someone close to a member of golden glory.... I thought it was total bs but kickboxing apparently is calling reems name.<br><br>I also heard he pulled 100k for k1 title...<br><br>I thought it was bs too as last I heard he hadn't even been paid yet.

im pretty sure he got 400k for winning the k1 grand prix

Given his last performance, he is hoping to extend his top 10 ranking for a long time by not fighting anyone for a while.

Not enough time to cycle properly

Pretty sure he got zero from k1!

Homie never got paid. Phone Post

mdh2k10 - He also said in the interview he took the werdum fight with a broken toe.

Toe injuries can be a colossal pain for athletes. Turf toe has ruined countless NFL careers.

A big guy like reem, with all his weight on his toe.....painful.

It is prolly why he threw no kicks in the werdum fight.

No, he threw no kicks because he didn't wanna open himself for a takedown, and every time he punched Werdum, Werdum fell down. He couldn't even throw any combos. Phone Post

Sounds like he's not thinking clearly.
He's got time to prepare for Silva,
Why risk getting booted?
And instant shot against the Klitschkos?

lol Reem wants NO part in real competition.

Look how bad he looked against Werdum,
you think he wants Barnett? Or Cain? No.

He wants to KO guys on short notice who are coming off losses

Nick Diaz comes to mind.  Zuffa will find a way to keep the Reem around. 

yeah it seems like a pretty bad cop out - we are what 7-8 weeks away at this point (he would have known about this for another 1-2 weeks maybe?).

He will be injured then, but fine 14 days later? Seems a little wonky.

Ubereem be jumpin' the shark.

ttt

Team GDP -
CarlWinslow - I've been hearing stiring from someone close to a member of golden glory.... I thought it was total bs but kickboxing apparently is calling reems name.<br><br>I also heard he pulled 100k for k1 title...<br><br>I thought it was bs too as last I heard he hadn't even been paid yet.

im pretty sure he got 400k for winning the k1 grand prix

Taxes! Taxes! ;-) Phone Post

DoomFarmer - I'm sorry I am huge Reem fan but this is bullshit.

All this talk of wanting to stay active, can't get any fights...so get in and fight goddamnit.

At this rate the tourney will never finish.

He's scaaaaaared!!! Phone Post

I don't think this tournament was meant to happen anyway. We're lucky it got this far.
Just go ahead and give us Barnett vs. Silva and call it done.