OWGP Cro Cop vs HW Jon Jones?

In a ring, with elbows, PRIDE testing.

Thanks for the idea @onepunchJD

• Crocop
  • Jon Jones

0 voters

1 Like

I don’t see anyone beating prime Jones, past or present.

5 Likes

IMG_8797

IMG_8798

4 Likes

Cro cop would last way longer than Gane though. And Cro Cop would make short work of Gane. Idc what any filthy little Gen Z’er says

11 Likes

I don’t know.

Mirko fought better wrestlers than Jon and came out alive.

Jon has arguably been out-struck by multiple guys like Gus and Reyes…I think CroCop could easily end his night.

Not saying it would be Mirko 9/10 times but no way he can’t beat Jones in this scenario.

11 Likes

Don’t be ridiculous NDA. Cro Cop’s takedown defense was legendary. He also trained with some scrub for years for submission defense, what was his name again…Fabricio fuckin Werdum.

Cro Cop and Gane are night and day different kickboxers. Cro Cop is the Tyson come at you with intense and hard ass strikes always pressing forward. Gane is the Ali with the movement for timing and counter punching.

5 Likes

Do you really see Mirko folding like that?

CroCop could beat him in the ring. Especially Eastern block gummy bear vitamins CroCop.

6 Likes

Can I buy these on Amazon?

He arguably lost to Gus, Reyes, could have to Santos and looked like shit against OSP.

4 Likes

CroCop was pretty damn good at getting back to his feet.

7 Likes
1 Like

Didn’t CroCop have a Stroke and Epilepsy ? I wonder what caused that ???

1 Like

Correct but he still got the W. You could also argue he wasn’t in prime form for those. Jones studies his opponents, he’ll see where Cro Cop has lost and train against that. I don’t see Cro Cop having the same gameplanning as Jones.

Who would win prime Fedor vs Jones? That’s a tougher question than Cro Cop to me.

6 Likes

I would, without hesitatio, pick Pride era Cro Cop in a ring to beat Jones.

He would hurt Jones in the first meaningful exchange, and he wouldn’t fall for that eye poking bullshit.

4 Likes

Fedor.

7 Likes

Good thread OP!

1 Like

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

4 Likes

Shoulda made it a poll though

cary elwes buttercup GIF

Probably but the argument can be made. Cro Cop is another story though, he had losses in Pride. A juiced up jones with more than just a few picos in Pride, no weight cutting, creative striking, game planning, good ground game, I see him as too diverse for Cro Cop.

2 Likes