Own a vacuum meant for house with pets?

I wanna get a vacuum for when I move to house as she has long haired cat and dog. She has a regular vac but I heard you should have a legit allergy or pet specific one. My youngest sometimes gets allergic reaction to cats, he was fine when I used kids antihistamine. Regardless, I wanna get the nonsense out.

They seem expensive but this is cheaper than most. Any recommendations for one cheaper?

http://www.dyson.com/vacuum-cleaners/upright/dyson-ball-compact/dyson-ball-compact-animal.aspx Phone Post 3.0

I use a $45 Bissell Powerforce at my dog daycare. It's been awesome for 2 years now. It has a couple filters and it uses bags but it sucks every hair off the carpets and of course the rubber flooring. You can get it at Big Lots or Walmart. I don't know about allergens but it doesn't leave hair. My. 02 Phone Post 3.0

FOR $10 I WILL DROWN THE CAT..........AND FUCK YOUR BUTT.

BIGWHITESEXY - FOR $10 I WILL DROWN THE CAT..........AND FUCK YOUR BUTT.
Wait wait wait........

Will the cat die peacefully? Phone Post 3.0

BIGWHITESEXY - FOR $10 I WILL DROWN THE CAT..........AND FUCK YOUR BUTT.

This seems like the best option

I think that's the one my wife uses in our house, she likes it and cleaning is kinda her thing

I got the Shark Lift Away at my house.  My step son is pretty allergic, and the vacuum definitely helps.  they have a sealed hepa filter or some shit like that built in.

Plus, the amazing thing to me is the Shark Vac really SUCKS (in a great way).  It has a little pressure valve built in where you can actually turn the pressure down if you need to (like when vaccuming a small throw rug or something).

When I bought my first Shark vac, I was comparing it to the Dyson pet vac.  The Dyson was way more expensive, and I just assumed that meant it was probably a superior produc.  Not so.  The local Bed Bath and Beyond had a little demo area set up in store, and you could test them out side by side.  The Shark Vac had more suction power, and the filtering part worked just as good (in my opinion) as the Dyson.  Plus the Shark was $150 and the Dyson would have been $375 at the time.

This one is whole machine HEPA filtration and certified allergy and asthma friendly Phone Post 3.0

Thanks morgz! I'll check that out Phone Post 3.0

actually my wife uses the full size one

I have a Dyson, and with two big dogs, it's kind of needed.  I'd go through a bag a week if I had a bag-based vacuum.

If you have an allergic kid, then vaccuming every day is what you might need to do, and a HEPA filter containing air purifier for their room might help too.

Never_rolled - Sharks and Dysons don't use bags. Both are crap. Watch videos from vac store owners they will explain why vacs with bags are the best. To save you the hassle Miele makes the best vacs. Sebo's are probably second. Phone Post 3.0
Bag ones start losing suck power as bag passes half full Phone Post 3.0

My roomba kicks ass on hardwood floors since my dog sheds a shit ton. Phone Post 3.0

That shark one has a lot of great reviews and is 100 bucks cheaper. Thanks again morgz I might go with that. She only has a few rugged rooms Phone Post 3.0

Another vote for the Shark. Two labs in the house, so a vacuum gets a workout daily with us. Phone Post 3.0

I got a Hoover one. can't remember the model, but it works great.

Plus the whole "bagless vacuums are crap" is a thing of the past.  They have really improved them (like the shark and dyson, and several others).  The problem in the past was the filtering system -- a lot of them would just blow dust back into your house.  It's just not the case anymore.  These "sealed HEPA filtration systems" really work, and you can test them out at a lot stores.    You get a feel for the sucking power, and and you can see if it's blowing dust out of it.  I can assure you, at least in my case, they do not blow dust, and sucking power is way more than you will ever need.

The waste container needs to be emptied after every use, but that takes literally about 25-30 seconds.

I have to clean the dust filter about once every 6-8 weeks.  All that involves is removing a sponge filter from the sealed container, rinsing it off and wringing it out in the sink, then let it dry before putting it back in.

We have had the shark rotator lift away for over a year and have been very happy with it. Still sucking strong! I used one of bed bath and beyond's 20% off coupons. Phone Post 3.0

One strong enough to suck your dick with Phone Post 3.0

Never_rolled - 
Morgz -

Plus the whole "bagless vacuums are crap" is a thing of the past.  They have really improved them (like the shark and dyson, and several others).  The problem in the past was the filtering system -- a lot of them would just blow dust back into your house.  It's just not the case anymore.  These "sealed HEPA filtration systems" really work, and you can test them out at a lot stores.    You get a feel for the sucking power, and and you can see if it's blowing dust out of it.  I can assure you, at least in my case, they do not blow dust, and sucking power is way more than you will ever need.

The waste container needs to be emptied after every use, but that takes literally about 25-30 seconds.

I have to clean the dust filter about once every 6-8 weeks.  All that involves is removing a sponge filter from the sealed container, rinsing it off and wringing it out in the sink, then let it dry before putting it back in.

No they are crap. A bag catches everything especially a hepa system. Bagless you open it up and empty it and all the dust goes flying out then you still have shit in the chamber. Miele is a completely closed system.

You guys are justifying cheaper made vacs. As for the suction loss not true with a Miele. Go to any vac store and ask a pro about Dysons and Sharks. Also look in the back and see what vacs have the worst repair records. Sharks are throw aways but people seem to repair Dysons. Phone Post 3.0

Hahahaha of course the vacuum store guy is going to pump up the Meile.  They can make money on those.

I take my canister to the garbage can and empty it into the bag.  No dust, no fuss, no problems. Enjoy your Meile though.  I hear they are fantastic machines.  I'd rather buy 4 Shark though.  Just my preference.