Owner claims Gym Rescue ruined gym

As someone who has participated in extreme makeover home edition I can attest that the work done on these types of shows is shoddy. They don't even give you a chance to do it right. Phone Post 3.0

In!

Sounds like this gym owner needs to go on another reality show called "To Catch a Contractor" (Adam Carolla show on Spike, I think).

12SixElbow - 

Have Couture or Shamrock ever run a successful gym?

Xtreme Couture doesn't make any money, all his satelite locations closed. 

I'm unsure about Frank's gym situation. 

THIS

The show should be called "Ironic Gym Screaming"

This shit is pure comedy. Now it makes me want to watch this show. Phone Post 3.0

gage949 - I would watch if EVERY episode was just Frank and Randy destroying these peoples gyms unintentionally.

Anyone watch "Nathan for you"? Phone Post 3.0
One of the best comedies on TV, if they did gym rescue like that I would watch haha Phone Post 3.0

I understand why Frank is doing this but Randy...Randy was a broadcaster on Fox Sports for christs sake. What the hell was he thinking leaving that gig for some shitty Ultimate Fighter knockoff and this shite?

To think there was a time when Randy was pretty much the most beloved figure in MMA. It's a shame, it really is.

LetiKraker -

Lol Phone Post 3.0

KidPittsburgh - There needs to be a Spike TV Rescue where HBO steps in and shows them how to give proper programming.

Not a fan of comparing two networks with vastly different budgets, demographics, business models and leadership, but LMAO!

10/10 & VTFU!

Matt Ward - Mother fucker finally gets his braces off and now he thinks he can sleep with any woman, married or not.

Bravo sir. Phone Post 3.0

vtfu

It's the same deal as Bar Rescue.

If you really believe that show is legit, I cannot argue you since you believe it so strongly.

But based upon reports of Spike casting bar owners, scripting dramatic fights and falling to secure permits or actually do anything more than a few cosmetic upgrades; it's all bullshit and it's sold just to give the lowest common denominator something to watch.

See it's boring if a bar owner is nice, opens his books, gets a new business plan and workers rebuild his flooring.

It's exciting if he curses Taffer, abuses his employees and Taffer installs a large butt funnel and a new sign with a new name and theme for the bar.

I fully expect Gym Rescue to be identical.

Based on these stories it's clear to me it's just Bar Rescue in a gym or yoga studio with the same bullshit in hopes the same audience won't change channels. Phone Post 3.0

Frank shamrock is one of the worst people in mma IMO. Phone Post 3.0

Mr_Honky - Sounds exactly like those other rescue shows. Seems they all do the work with no permits. And of course they tell them what to wear and shit. It's all fake Phone Post 3.0
You've literally just repeated what was said in the article. Well done. Phone Post 3.0

If his gym was on a show called Gym Rescue, I think it's safe to say that it wasn't exactly the Gracie Academy when it started.

I haven't had the misfortune to watch this as I'm in the UK. Just how bad is this? It sounds dreadful. Phone Post 3.0

Donoghue88 - any evidence?

cant be too difficult to take a photo or show the txt msg

Exactly. I don't believe the hotel/jaccuzi claim.

Cindy

A) You were on a show called "Gym Rescue", implying your gym needed rescuing.

B) You were on a reality tv show and agreed to producers' demands and manipulations, thereby negating any complaints

C)From the side, you look like H. Jon Benjamin, the voice of Archer and Bob's Burgers.

Check and mate. Now king me.

There was a restaurant near by me that was "rescued" by Restaurant Impossible. Almost went under because of it as well. They exposed so many things that were wrong with it. Health codes, food quality, hygiene, all those things that you never wanna hear about from the place you like to frequent for some good eatings. Anyway, the whole town saw the show, he lost 50% of his business because of what people saw on tv. So I guess it can go either way, but like someone mentioned above, this wasn't a Gracie gym to begin with, so I'm sure it was a dump (diamond) in the rough. Phone Post 3.0

Click on the link that takes you to the full article,.

Tells a lot more of the story including the city inspectors refuting his claims and saying the gym owner is lying about the permits and fines.

Sounds like Gym Rescue/Shamrock. aren't really the bad guys here