Pacquiao on Mayweather

"Boxing for him is like a business," Pacquiao said. "He doesn't care about the people around him watching. He doesn't care if the fight is boring, as long as the fight is finished and he gets [plenty of] money. ... I want people to be happy. You have a big responsibility as a boxer."

from ESPN.com article

As a Mayweather fan, I cannot disagree with Manny. If Mayweather cared about his legacy as a boxer, he would be begging for this fight. However, I think he realizes how dangerous a fight it is for him, and he's worried about it affecting his future paydays.

"Pacquaio seems sore that Mayweather handled Marquez with ease, where as nobody thinks he even beat him once."

Voted down for being yet another trolling fag, and for being gay enough to bring the UFC into this.

orcus -  "Pacquaio seems sore that Mayweather handled Marquez with ease, where as nobody thinks he even beat him once."

Voted down for being yet another trolling fag, and for being gay enough to bring the UFC into this.

I don't think the guy is trolling.  He is just a Mayweather nuthugger.  As someone stated above Mayweather should be begging for this fight.  A true champion wants to fight the very best available fighter and there is no doubt Manny fits the bill.

By the way nuthugger, if you want to compare common opponents Manny dispatched the Golden Boy with ease.  A fighter that gave the running man a tough fight.  Not that common opponents mean squat anyway.  You should know that as a fight fan.

that is why people like Manny and dislike that jackass Mayweather

ends - 
johnsonbarr - 
orcus -  "Pacquaio seems sore that Mayweather handled Marquez with ease, where as nobody thinks he even beat him once."

I don't think the guy is trolling.  He is just a Mayweather nuthugger.  As someone stated above Mayweather should be begging for this fight.  A true champion wants to fight the very best available fighter and there is no doubt Manny fits the bill.

By the way nuthugger, if you want to compare common opponents Manny dispatched the Golden Boy with ease.  A fighter that gave the running man a tough fight.  Not that common opponents mean squat anyway.  You should know that as a fight fan.

Begging for what fight?

Pacquaio has to beat Cotto first, it seems Manny's fans are counting their chickens before they hatch, all because they know Floyd would destroy Cotto so they simply assume that Manny wins, wrong.

Do you want to see the fight or not? 

floyd >>> manny....period

" I don't think the guy is trolling.  He is just a Mayweather nuthugger."

Nah, saying "nobody thinks Pac beat Marquez either time" is blatant trolling. And the fact that he switched to that angle after first taking a stab at a "Dana White sucks" approach makes it obvious.

ends - "Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer told Boxing Scene today that he thinks Mayweather should get the lion’s share of the money in any eventual fight with the winner of the Manny Pacquiao/Miguel Cotto fight on November 14.

But he did add a caveat to that statement. If Pacquiao vs. Cotto does a million PPV buys or above, then he believes there is reason to consider a 50-50 split."

What's wrong with this?

They're just asking Pacquaio for proof of him deserving a 50-50 cut, if I was Floyd I would want 65 percent at the least as of right now and I would probably start with a 70 percent figure for initial negotiations.

Pacman is going to have to give up some money and he can get the fight. hHe needs to win his next fight and not get greedy and then Floyd will finish him off heinously just like you all think you want, but you do not.

why do you care who gets the money fanboy?

ends - Pacquaio seems sore that Mayweather handled Marquez with ease, where as nobody thinks he even beat him once.

Everyone wants to annoint Manny the pound for pound king and he's not, he has won 5 titles in 5 different weight divisions, Floyd has won 6 titles in 5 different weight divisions.

How many times has Floyd been KO'd again?

How many times has Pacman been KO'd again?

How many times has Floyd lost?

How many times has Manny lost?

Does Manny have an Olympic medal that should be gold, but is instead Silver?

What 50 greatest boxers list features Pacquaio? I know some that feature Floyd.

Is Manny really pound for pound king? No.

Manny is a greater sports icon and superstar, Floyd would beat the fuck out of him.

Yeah but if you stacked up all of their recent bouts together, how many of each guy's would fans pay to see again.

Actually, Mayweather's ego is probably the biggest threat to him in that fight, not Pac Man himself. There may be too much money on the table for Mayweather to turn it down (he is in debt to the IRS for $6.2 million and sheds money like a sieve) but the purse split will be contentious.

Floyd does have a Floyd first aura.

Both guys are the best guys at their sport but I still wonder why Floyd isnt matching himself up with the best guys in his weight class if he is the PFP king?

I appreciate strategists and technical fighting in boxing like I do in MMA but Pac is much more admirable as a fighter and a person.

Yeah, Manny strikes me a good man.

I do wish he'd stay out of politics. I also wish he had just gone up to 147 to challenge Miguel for the title rather than demand a catch weight and have the title on the line anyway.

Honestly, I don't see anybody beating Mayweather though. I don't like the guy a whole lot but he's an absolutely brilliant boxer. The Marquez bout had me in awe. This guy took Pac to the limit twice and Mayweather made him look very ordinary.

TH

jaseprobst - Actually, Mayweather's ego is probably the biggest threat to him in that fight, not Pac Man himself. There may be too much money on the table for Mayweather to turn it down (he is in debt to the IRS for $6.2 million and sheds money like a sieve) but the purse split will be contentious.

He finally paid all that off with money from his last fight. Sad thing is; he'll be right back there again though.

FSMA - 
jaseprobst - Actually, Mayweather's ego is probably the biggest threat to him in that fight, not Pac Man himself. There may be too much money on the table for Mayweather to turn it down (he is in debt to the IRS for $6.2 million and sheds money like a sieve) but the purse split will be contentious.

He finally paid all that off with money from his last fight. Sad thing is; he'll be right back there again though.

I thought Mayweather going off on the alleged false reports of his debt, during the 24/7 show, was perhaps the greatest example of delusion I've ever seen. Guy gambles 30K on basketball games regularly -- he'll be broke soon if he already isn't. What's sad is he had more talent of anyone in the past 20 years except maybe RJ, but now he'll probably have the toughest oppponents to define his legacy AFTER his prime -- because he needs the money.

That has happened to countless fighters, but almost all of them had more great matchups in their primes to define them by. The Mayweather that schooled Corrales and guys a few years ago was amazing and then he started fighting 1-2 times a year and that truly pissed me off. Boxing deserved more from him. That's why I will be rooting for Pac Man to win, even though his chances are remote, IMO (and I think Cotto will beat Pac).

It also irritates me to no end that PBF acted like Margarito was beneath him, and he's never mentioned Paul Williams. Great fighters don't do that. They line those tough foes up and take 'em all on.

If anyone ducks this fight it will be Manny.

Floyd is a nightmare for him.

Manny is ducking no one at this point.

don't be ridiculous.

Mayweather is ducking Mosley, Margarito and Paul Williams.

Why the fuck is he not fighting people in his weightclass?

D_S_A - If anyone ducks this fight it will be Manny.

Floyd is a nightmare for him.

manny ducks to no one! bring it on

Manny needs to concentrate on beating Cotto instead of worrying about Mayweather. Who by the way completely dominated a fighter that Manny had two very close fights with.

PoundforPound - Manny needs to concentrate on beating Cotto instead of worrying about Mayweather. Who by the way completely dominated a fighter that Manny had two very close fights with.

Both decisions.

Manny KOed a fighter that went to a split decision with Mayweather.