Pacquiao on Mayweather

Come on man. Oscar was a shell of his former self by the time Manny got to him. You really can't take much of anything from that fight.

TH

D0N Johnson - Both decisions.

Manny KOed a fighter that went to a split decision with Mayweather.

Yeah, after that fighter severely drained himself to make the weight.

And don't get me wrong, I love Manny's aggressive puncher style and the fact that he has balls for going after the best guys out there.

He's good for the sport.

But just because Mayweather fights with a different style is no reason to talk down on him.

Yeah, like I said I think he's a good guy but I'm getting a little sick of this call for sainthood for Manny. It's enough to get me to root for Mayweather, which is a day I thought would never come. Congratulations, Universe

TH

I really hope this fight happens. 

Manny MUST get by Cotto first and foremost.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it happens anyway.

I'm a big Cotto fan but Mayweather beats both.

TH

hackett - I actually wouldn't be surprised if it happens anyway.

TH

I give Cotto a decent shot, Manny less so (but a live one). Cotto is more versatile and can move and box more than Manny, who would be vulnerable to PBF's precision counters as he leaps in. If you look how how Morales (first fight) and JMM countered Pac Man with straight shots, it totally flustered him. Cotto is a good bodypuncher and PBF couldn't really hurt him although he might frustrate him.

supersaiyan - floyd >>> manny....period

agree 100%

PBF is an amazing talent. Shame even boxers cant apprecaite that. Only a fool goes out to put on good fights....and not win. 

PBF doesnt get hit.

Arguably most talented boxer to ever step in the ring...

and Manny may beat Cotto....but Cotto's no bitch like DLH now.  Manny might have his hands full....toughes test yet since JMM...

PoundforPound - 
D0N Johnson - Both decisions.

Manny KOed a fighter that went to a split decision with Mayweather.

Yeah, after that fighter severely drained himself to make the weight.

Yeah and Mayweather dominated a fighter fighting just about 20 lbs over his prime fighting weight.

The version of Marquez that fought Mayweather gets beaten down by any top 147 lb fighter.

Mayweather is a total dick. That said, IMO he beats Pac. Pac needs to dispatch Cotto then this fight gets made.

jaseprobst - 
hackett - I actually wouldn't be surprised if it happens anyway.

TH

I give Cotto a decent shot, Manny less so (but a live one). Cotto is more versatile and can move and box more than Manny, who would be vulnerable to PBF's precision counters as he leaps in. If you look how how Morales (first fight) and JMM countered Pac Man with straight shots, it totally flustered him. Cotto is a good bodypuncher and PBF couldn't really hurt him although he might frustrate him.

True but hasnt Manny improved in the technical area? Added more to his repetoire?

Yes he has, Wasa. He's got a nice right hook now, and more combination punching as opposed to the jab-jab-big left that defined his style (and pretty much carried him).

i still see him getting hit with flush right hands by JMM and Morales and it totally makes him reset, meaning it just scuttles his offense and he covers up for a sec. A weird minor thing that maybe won't be a factor. But honestly i don't ever see him fight backing up. And I still question his power at welter.

i mean, if Margarito hit Oscar with a couple hundred power shots (which Manny did) I think Oscar would've at least gone down or staggered. He didn't vs. Manny. I think Cotto hits harder and will rake him to the body. I just hope Cotto can get warmed up and not get caught early. If he can force chest to chest action or land effective counters he wins this fight.

I think Pac is gonna be to fast for Cotto IMO !

jaseprobst - Actually, Mayweather's ego is probably the biggest threat to him in that fight, not Pac Man himself. There may be too much money on the table for Mayweather to turn it down (he is in debt to the IRS for $6.2 million and sheds money like a sieve) but the purse split will be contentious.

God you make it sound like Mayweather aint got $ 6.2 million in the bank .... theres nothing wrong with Mayweather's bank balance !
Hes just made nearly double that in his last fight !

Mrpedigree - 
jaseprobst - Actually, Mayweather's ego is probably the biggest threat to him in that fight, not Pac Man himself. There may be too much money on the table for Mayweather to turn it down (he is in debt to the IRS for $6.2 million and sheds money like a sieve) but the purse split will be contentious.

God you make it sound like Mayweather aint got $ 6.2 million in the bank .... theres nothing wrong with Mayweather's bank balance !
Hes just made nearly double that in his last fight !

Dunno if you watched the numerous HBO 24/7 specials Floyd has had, but he basically gambles like crazy on a daily basis. Putting five-figure bets on games, many games a day, etc. Like many rich athletes with limited understanding of finance -- which is a really roundabout, polite way of saying 'uneducated' - our man also blows a ton of dough on things that have limited resale value.

If Tyson could go broke on $300 million Floyd can go broke on a fraction of that.

Why do you think he's fighting again?

If we're going just by 24/7 specials, he said on the last one that everything is paid for. And that he and the IRS have no problems.

Could be lying of course.

But if he owed $6.2 million I'm sure he could pay that off easily based on what he made for the Marquez fight.

"PBF doesnt get hit."

Still, Manny didn't get hit any more round-by-round by DLH and Hatton than PBF did. And of course on an absolute basis he got hit much less, since he stopped them quickly.

how is the relevant to MMA?

^ How are you relevant to this board, little one? Be gone...

Anyhow, any betting odds on Pac/Cotto yet?

And what will PBF do if Pac loses? Will he face any of the top WWs then?

What is PBFs optimum fighting weight now would you say? Is he a proper WW himself now?

For Wasa-B:

Odds are huge in Pac's favor. Personally, I think the fight is very hard to call and the line (seriously, it's something like -270?) is pretty uncharitable to a fighter of Cotto's stature. Admittedly, it wouldn't shock me if Pac took him out quick -- but I think if Miguel can survive the early rounds he'll get to Pac's body and wear him out.

Like I wrote in another post, even if Pac loses I think PBF may fight him. It's a big money fight, and he just tooled a guy that gave Pac fits.

I think Floyd has clearly grown into full welter. Hard to imagine him cutting down too much at this point.

TH