Palhares asks for release from WSOF contract

he could make a decent living just fighting in Brazil and Russia for the next 5 years.

Ryan Black -
Moist Gracie - Palhares sad Phone Post 3.0
Kinda can't help but feel bad for the guy. I am of the opinion that Palhares is somewhat of a BJJ/leglock-savant. I just... I dunno. I don't want to be disrespectful. But, I see the guy, and I hear him speak, and I feel as though he obviously did not come from the greatest upbringing (so, it goes without saying, I sincerely doubt he was afforded the resources to an education) but also that he is a very simple man.

I think he's a truly talented fighter, but I don't think he truly understands the full capacity of his wrongdoings/misconduct, or the events which have led to the reputation he's made for himself today... Phone Post 3.0
This!

I don't think there was anything wrong with his last submission but intentional eye gouges are a disgrace

The way he speaks he doesn't seem like this angry savage who would do things intentional, I can only assume he gets lost in the moment and can't snap out of it Phone Post 3.0

Palhares is the biggest heel in MMA and if he'd embrace it?

Money.

Many fans want to see him get smashed.

Many fighters want to see him get comeuppance.

In a sport where few can draw flies (except the guy in WV who drew them to the cage), it's polarizing figures who can really shine.

Chael's schtick was "the bad guy".

Rousimar IS the bad guy.

I say position him as the most dangerous man (sorry Ken) and see which fighter wants the chance to smash him.

Sign it, market it and we'll all watch it go down.

He'd work for Bellator but better still would be the UFC.

If you're a fighter between 170-205 and hate him and would love to give him a dose of his own medicine?

Agree to fight him.

Controversy equals cash and just as Jonny Bones needs to embrace his boos, Palhares and promotions need to cash in on a REAL heel who doesn't need phony promos to come across as a bad dude. Phone Post 3.0

JeffersonDArcyChoke - Palhares is the biggest heel in MMA and if he'd embrace it?

Money.

Many fans want to see him get smashed.

Many fighters want to see him get comeuppance.

In a sport where few can draw flies (except the guy in WV who drew them to the cage), it's polarizing figures who can really shine.

Chael's schtick was "the bad guy".

Rousimar IS the bad guy.

I say position him as the most dangerous man (sorry Ken) and see which fighter wants the chance to smash him.

Sign it, market it and we'll all watch it go down.

He'd work for Bellator but better still would be the UFC.

If you're a fighter between 170-205 and hate him and would love to give him a dose of his own medicine?

Agree to fight him.

Controversy equals cash and just as Jonny Bones needs to embrace his boos, Palhares and promotions need to cash in on a REAL heel who doesn't need phony promos to come across as a bad dude. Phone Post 3.0

VU

This is genius

GelderdEnd -
Ryan Black -
Moist Gracie - Palhares sad Phone Post 3.0
Kinda can't help but feel bad for the guy. I am of the opinion that Palhares is somewhat of a BJJ/leglock-savant. I just... I dunno. I don't want to be disrespectful. But, I see the guy, and I hear him speak, and I feel as though he obviously did not come from the greatest upbringing (so, it goes without saying, I sincerely doubt he was afforded the resources to an education) but also that he is a very simple man.

I think he's a truly talented fighter, but I don't think he truly understands the full capacity of his wrongdoings/misconduct, or the events which have led to the reputation he's made for himself today... Phone Post 3.0
This!

I don't think there was anything wrong with his last submission but intentional eye gouges are a disgrace

The way he speaks he doesn't seem like this angry savage who would do things intentional, I can only assume he gets lost in the moment and can't snap out of it Phone Post 3.0
This
He seems to genuinely not understand why people are angry with it Phone Post 3.0

It doesn't matter if he "understands". He is a disgrace to the sport and shouldn't be allowed to fight.

Props to the WSOF for making him sit out. Phone Post 3.0

" I asked them to release me, and they didn’t because they must know I don’t want to work for them ..."

No, Rousimar. They think you want to be released because they think you want to stay.

That must be it.

Please go away and never come back to MMA. Even as a coach.

Thanks in advance.

The only thing more idiotic than that jackass is the fans who support him.

turdboy - The only thing more idiotic than that jackass is the fans who support him.
He is an innocent little boy, he no understand. He nice. He no mean to hurt. He no mean to be mean.

What a crock of shit. He is the dirtiest big time fighter in the history of MMA. Phone Post 3.0

hendofanforlife - 
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - WSOF won't release him cause they are pissed at him. If he gets suspended from the AC he can just go fight overseas if he isn't bound by a contract in the States so they'll hold on to him till his suspension is up. Phone Post 3.0

like wand

Wand hasn't showed for his commission hearing to find out the length of his suspemsion yet, and he has fights left on his contract.

he could make pretty decent money fighting 5-7 times a year in Brazil/Russia/Japan for the next couple of years.