Palhares Is NOT BANNED, Just Released

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/10/4825310/dana-white-rousimar-palhares-banned-from-the-ufc

UPDATE: Shaap's initial report stated that Palhares had been "banned" from the UFC. Promotion officials have subsequently confirmed to MMAFighting.com that Palhares is "released."

Sort of tantamount to the same causethe UFC decides if he comes back and that is subjective guy to guy

WTF. Just fine him $, don't release him. Phone Post 3.0

Not in a million years if the incident had happened on the undercard of a ppv where people didnt see it then maybe he gets off with a suspension. They (UFC) have to look out for their public image first and foremost. Lets not even bring up the fact that he has a nasty history with doing this stuff. How many submission happen at every event and why is he the only one that holds on way after the tap? It needed to be done, he was never going to be a champion so why waste your time and money on him. Phone Post 3.0

That's BS.

baj54 - Not in a million years if the incident had happened on the undercard of a ppv where people didnt see it then maybe he gets off with a suspension. They (UFC) have to look out for their public image first and foremost. Lets not even bring up the fact that he has a nasty history with doing this stuff. How many submission happen at every event and why is he the only one that holds on way after the tap? It needed to be done, he was never going to be a champion so why waste your time and money on him. Phone Post 3.0

I bet you he still would have got cut. The last time he did that Dana was pissed and had every right to be. Phone Post

He's a disgrace to all the professional athletes in the UFC. People bitch about Sonnen and Bisping being disrespectful when those are two of the most humble, respectful guys, as they always show after their bouts. Then there's people saying this complete prick should be allowed to stay? It's the ultimate act of unprofessionalism to continue to inflict damage to your opponent in any way after the bout ends, what he's done multiple times is as bad as what Daley did to Koscheck Phone Post 3.0

stevekt - 

lol vu

So you can be relased from your contract even if you win?

This sounds final to me. Even retweeted by DFW himself.

Jeremy Schaap ?@JeremySchaap 19m
@danawhite tells me on @ESPNOlbermann that Rousimar Palhares is banned. won't ever fight for UFC again...
Retweeted by Dana White

GOOD Phone Post

JimmersonzGlove -

So you can be relased from your contract even if you win?

Happen to Babalu too Phone Post 3.0

stevekt -

Hahaha Phone Post 3.0

Chaelismyhero - He should never fight in MMA again. Trying to injury your opponent after the bout...just disgusting.

And if you try to compare what Paul Harris did to what Hendo did,then you are a god damn retard.

Are people actually doing that? completely.different ball game, cheap shot vs refusing.to.stop when the ref's stopped the fight. Phone Post

So gay, if this had been on a ppv and not on a fox card he would still be employed and probably would've gotten his bonus. Phone Post 3.0

Metafour -
baj54 - Not in a million years if the incident had happened on the undercard of a ppv where people didnt see it then maybe he gets off with a suspension. They (UFC) have to look out for their public image first and foremost. Lets not even bring up the fact that he has a nasty history with doing this stuff. How many submission happen at every event and why is he the only one that holds on way after the tap? It needed to be done, he was never going to be a champion so why waste your time and money on him. Phone Post 3.0

I bet you he still would have got cut. The last time he did that Dana was pissed and had every right to be. Phone Post

Maybe...Good for us we will never know. He got what he deserved. Phone Post 3.0

"@MMAFighting: RT @ToquinhoMMA: I always respect the @UFC decisions, but most of most I respect a lot Mike Pierce, so again I never meant to hurt him, just finish the fight" Phone Post

I'm shocked that it's mostly 13ers that are against this.

Fucking retarded.