Palhares = Not nice

Jason -

When you have been in the game that long you know exactly what a tap on your leg feels like, and it doesn't feel like a strike.  IMO he should be cut from the UFC, this isnt the first time he has done that.

Wow, really? Haven't you seen his other holds? Out of all of them this one you want a cut? ...lol Phone Post

"d*mb F*cking scumbag ? You are not intelligent enough to state your opinion better than that ?

Not only is that unsportsmanlike, but it's also reckless, and needlessly dangerous. Obviously this isn't the first time he's done this. How many more times does this shit need to happen, and how many more people need to be needlessly hurt, before someone does something about it? I really hope Palhares gets cut, or at the very least fined and suspended (and I agree with the above poster that this is worse than the Babalu RNC, as a heel hook can seriously fuck someones ankle and leg up). That dude is a classless asshole, and then he even has the audacity to get on his knees and point up to god like he is some holy roller after he just unrelentingly fucked Pierces ankle and leg up. There is no justification for what he is continuously doing with his excessive cranking of his heel hooks.

I suggest hit him where it hurts. Take 1/2 his purse.  The UFC is better with him in it. But his history demands a sanction.

Jason -

When you have been in the game that long you know exactly what a tap on your leg feels like, and it doesn't feel like a strike.  IMO he should be cut from the UFC, this isnt the first time he has done that.

Really.......

You know the rest

I agree. But not with the cut Phone Post

I laughed.

EDIT: meant to quote the guy saying Paul Harris was cranking harder because he was being struck. Without the quote there I just look like a dick.

Grappling match btw Phone Post

Jason -

This.

Cindy Phone Post

that happened very quickly, looking at the replay, it does appear Palhares held it a bit longer.

Jason -

You are supposed to not let go on a tap. Iirc paul harris got burned in the past letting go and having the ref miss it. There was only a brief moment where he held it past where the ref was clearly stepping in.

Tough call. Fine but no cut imo. Phone Post

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -

I suggest hit him where it hurts. Take 1/2 his purse.  The UFC is better with him in it. But his history demands a sanction.

This Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -
Jason -

You are supposed to not let go on a tap. Iirc paul harris got burned in the past letting go and having the ref miss it. There was only a brief moment where he held it past where the ref was clearly stepping in.

Tough call. Fine but no cut imo. Phone Post

You let go when the ref says so, not when the fighter taps. Phone Post

This is combat sport gents Phone Post

Give him a choice, get cut or forfeit his entire purse to pierce. I guarantee its the last time he holds a sub too long.

I don't know who this Palhares guy is but is it worse than what Paul Harris did tonight? Phone Post 3.0

Wes_Mantooth - He should be cut.
Yup Phone Post 3.0

if they cut babalu for holding a blood choke too long, palhares should be cut and banned from the UFC for holding a fucken heel hook way too long. that was just unacceptable and not the first time he's pulled this crap.

palhares is a very dirty fighter. pretty messed up how he continues to crank seconds after a guy taps and the ref is trying to stop things

I'm not expert but it looked to me like he gave it an extra crank even after the ref was in telling him to stop. Classless for sure.

Disgrace to the sport, should be suspended and fined, hard to cut a guy that wins so fast.

I think the UFC or the commission should do something for repeated offenders, send Polaris to anger management before he can have his license back. Phone Post