Parents new neighbors asked them to pay half for new fence LOL

Stopped at my parents house to bring my father some food and groceries. He’s outta commission with the Chinese flu

Anyway as I’m here the neighbors are getting a privacy fence put in and my father told me the bozo next door asked him to pay half :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: why would anyone ever have the balls to ask their neighbor for money like that. It’s beyond me. Have some shame you fucking turd

You’re the one who wants the new fence. You pay for it. Simple as that cuck boy. My father of course told them to get bent

26 Likes

Did your poor ass dad say no? Haha jk bro

7 Likes

Yeah but your parents will enjoy the new fence as well. Honestly, they should be paying for the whole thing. It’s only right

29 Likes

Nice looking fence. And the neighbors have a pool? Maybe the fence is to keep your dad from checking out the wife as she sunbathes?

29 Likes

Is this a troll?

Lol. It is very common for a neighbour to ask his neighbour to go halvies on a shared fence

It is usually agreed upon before construction so both sides have a say in the fence and may not be 50-50

Did the neighbour ask for cash after completion?

If so then I agree it’s on them 100%

50 Likes

I did some work on a fence. The neighbor came over and offered to pay half.

Diffrent strokes…

34 Likes

They do in fact have a pool lol but they use it maybe once a week at best

1 Like

:joy: @ outing your dad as a cheap fuck. It’s normal to ask to pay half you goof

35 Likes

I guess if I get a new roof I should ask my neighbor for money cause he has to look at the roof too huh

8 Likes

yeah, it does happen where neighbors chip in for a fence that they both benefit from. definitely not after the fact though, lol.

at the end of the day, only one person owns the fence both from a property value standpoint and a responsibility of ownership standpoint.

10 Likes

I have never heard of that. Unless I was already planning to build a fence I’d say no too

5 Likes

If you pay for your neighbors new fence, you are a cuck

19 Likes

Yup

Why would I pay for 1/2?

4 Likes

I bought a house in TX where the builder fenced in all the properties. So all the neighbors had to go in to repair damaged fencing. There were fights because some neighbors stained or sealed their side to protect where others didn’t. So the neighbors that tried maintaining complained that the other should pay more than 1/2.

2 Likes

This thread did not turn out the way I thought it would. I thought the OG was full of men, not cucks :rofl:

7 Likes

I ran into this issue. Both parties wanted to split the fence but it was an utter nitemare deciding which contractor to choose. One neighbour wanted a licensed and bonded contractor but did not want to pay their rates which were more than double, sometimes triple.

If it’s on the property line and the fence is in shambles, I don’t think it’s crazy to ask to split it in half. Fences are stupid expensive and if it’s right on the line, both people benefit. Was the prior fence in shit condition? If so, your dad is cheap af. If it was not in bad shape and neighbour just wants a new fence, that neighbour can get fucked.

8 Likes

The wife next door is bald. I promise you my father is not checking her out LOL

It’s a normal everyday thing for a neighbor to ask to go halves on a dividing fence. The neighbor doesn’t have to agree by any means but acting like it’s crazy talk that they asked is goofy.

29 Likes

Asking your neighbor for money is the Poor move

8 Likes

I just never could ask another man for money
Who does that? Other than liberals

4 Likes