Parks and Rec - WTF?

Someone on here suggested this when I asked about alternatives to The Office since I've seen all those.  I've watched the first few episodes - horrible in comparison to The Office.  Do they get any better?

Thanks.

I watched the first episode about 5 times over the course of 3 years and never "got" it. But eventually I powered thru the first 5 or so and was hooked

Yes they do. I thought the same thing when my wife introduced me to it. It grows on you. Ron Swanson and Andy are the best characters.

It definitely grows on you.

Ron Swanson is the best.

The first season is actually pretty bad, but it's also really short. The ''real'' Parks and rec only starts with season 2.

When I was working at the Capitol, we hired a guy who worked on my boss's campaign. He was a young guy straight out of college. After a few weeks, he said, "Holy fuck, you're Ron Swanson!" I had never seen the show. I started watching it and he was correct. Funny show, and Andy is also great.

I binged the whole series a couple years ago. I don't necessarily recall the first season not being good, but I also don't have the greatest memory. Very much enjoyed the show overall though.

Side note, It took me forever to actually give the american version of The Office a real chance, after seeing the first episode was just a rip off of the British version(Which was fantastic btw), but eventually did. Both great shows imo.

Yup, start on season 2

I liked parks and rec but 30 Rock was awesome

Burt Macklin is the best character and I agree with others above. Ignore the first season a great series is waiting for you starting at season 2

If you decide to watch it, stop at season 6, it goes down hill dramatically from there. Season 7 was a joke, at least what was aired before it was canned.

Parks and Recreation is amazing. Like most shows it gets great after season 1. 

Give it time. It’s gets even better than the Office imo 

Sarsaparilla Slim -

If you decide to watch it, stop at season 6, it goes down hill dramatically from there. Season 7 was a joke, at least what was aired before it was canned.

Lol. Don’t do this 

Watch from beginning to end.

Even the bad ones. 

By the end,  you'll feel like you made friends, shared adventures and then you all moved on.

2nd half of first season, and season 2 and 3 are pretty good.

Show gets better, April gets hotter

Kinda finding its feet in season 1... 2 onward is excellent.

Sarsaparilla Slim - 

This. One of the worst final season drop offs in history

Go and watch peep show. Its British, top 5 comedies of all time. With seinfeld, office, curb your enthusiasm and Louie 

ChristopherMoltisanti -

Show gets better, April gets hotter

This, like others have said the first couple of seasons they’re trying to figure out what kind of show it wanted to be