part time UFC fighter takes it to UFC poster boy

do you think that if Carwin didn't work full time and have to drive an hour back and forth each night he wouldn't have won that fight. If the guy didn't put MMA second in his life to raising a family and contributing to society in his engineering role. Put another way if the roles were switched and Brock was the one who worked the 9-5 and Carwin was training all day who do you think would have won

Doesn't matter. It's not who he is. He's a family man and engineer first. A fighter second.

Do you think if Lesnar had to work full time things would be different? Doesn't matter. He trains full time.

And it is what it is.

what if

Are you trying to make yourself feel better about Brock winning or....?

What ifs dont count for shit.

Part time fighter taking it to the champ in the first round and is stopped in the second; Brock's version of the Fedor/Rogers fight...except Fedor was never running in fear throughout the first round.

As far as I can recall, his job is flexible to accomodate his training. He gets his hours in. How he chooses to occupy the time he isn't training is up to him.

While we are on "what ifs?", what if Brock hadn't had a year off? or hadn't had to deal with a serious illness?

You could go on forever with different variables.

That is a life choice by Shane. He wants to be a family man and he wants to be an engineer. And it seems to be working thus far. I mean, shit, he had the champ on his back "razor close" to being stopped.

Who's to say he wouldn't just over train and poop himself out? Carwin and his team know what's best for him and I believe almost any other ref. would have stopped that fight in the first and Shane would be walking with a big ass belt right now.

Bottom line is this ..

Brock gets to train all day
Shane chooses to have a life bigger than fighting

Brock barely beat him ...

Thunderlips The Ultimate Male - Shane is a smart guy for not giving up that job. Engineers make good money, and fighting only lasts for so long.

i doubt lesnar is training 8-10 hours a day ffs, i bet they train the same amount of time.

jettdogg - 
Bugeater - Who's to say he wouldn't just over train and poop himself out? Carwin and his team know what's best for him and I believe almost any other ref. would have stopped that fight in the first and Shane would be walking with a big ass belt right now.

Brock was never out retard. You guys are fucking stupid as all hell here tonight. Did you even see the fucking fight? He took the beating no problem, recovered like a champ and finished him off easily. That is what happened.

Suck a dick Biaaatch...thought u were a 1o'r...no problem eh??