Pat Barry Punches Brock hard in the Face

ttt

Thanks for the ttts guys. It's hard to get on the UG news when competing with Arianny's new car and whatnot.

ttt Phone Post

another lie from bas rutten Phone Post

I don't know if he gets punched in the face in camp or not but he needs to react better to it in the cage on fight night then he has in the past.

one more ttt

Phisher - 
orcus -  Finally that stupid, ENTIRELY unsubstantiated rumor that has been repeated in thread after thread after thread, can be laid to rest.

Part of the reason that said rumor spread was the fact that respect members of the MMA community like Bas (the same guy who's gotten a lot of people on this forum to turn on Overeem with one interview) kept claiming that they had the inside scoop on what was going on in Lesnar's training camp and that nobody was allowed to punch him in the face.

No, Bas said that based on what he saw in the Cain and Carwin fights, Brock either wasn't getting hit in training, or he is just not cut out for MMA. He said he asked Barry but of course Barry was under an NDA and couldn't talk about the training.

Everyone ran with that as "omg confirmed Brock doesn't let anyone hit him in training".

I have said it many times and it has been overlooked. The thing about Brock is this... He is not afraid to get hit, he was afraid to get knocked out. He just didn't know how hard of a shot he could really take... That is just an experience thing really. He was hit in the face in training but seriously how many people are going to hit you in the face like Carwin? Not many..

Now the good side to that is Brock knows when to cover up to avoid getting KO'd. Now obviously Carwing gassed more than most but still...not getting knocked out and letting the other guy wear himself out is not always a bad thing. He just needs to react better and be more active when this stuff does happen. That will come with time.

Pat said so, therefore it must be the truth. 

Great interview. 

Thread title does not deliver......

Sub'd Phone Post

bmd - If Lesnar KO's Overeem with a high kick or Overeem shoots a fireball at Brock, I will shit directly into my pants.

lol.. best comment i've read today!!  

ttt

Whatever the reason it's probably smart for Ubereem to be training at Xtreme Couture before he fights a wrestler.

great interview.

I still don't buy that Brock has ALWAYS sparred heavy, he had a few of those fights pre-HD, so it's not like it was Pat's fault.

I like how the fireball comment almost ruined the interview. That was pretty funny.

grkblood -  Thanks for the ttts guys. It's hard to get on the UG news when competing with Arianny's new car and whatnot.

5 day bump Phone Post

Cyril Jeff -  great interview.

I still don't buy that Brock has ALWAYS sparred heavy, he had a few of those fights pre-HD, so it's not like it was Pat's fault.

I don't know about heavy, but iirc Nick Thompson had trained with Brock early on and said "of course" he got hit in the face or something like that.

S Phone Post