Pat Curran = Bellator's Next Free Agent.

Looks like Pat Curran will be the next Belltator Free Agent who the UFC will likely swipe....

if curran is on the standard 9 fight deal his next fight is the last.

Chandler has 2 more fights if he's also on the 9 fight deal.

assuming he loses or vacates the title?

Curran is the 2nd best featherweight in mma imo

would love to see him in the ufc

Nexuscrawlers - 

why would he have to lose?  did lombard have to lose?  bellator doesnt have a champions clause... instead they sign guys long term, many fight deals with a matching period.  usually 9 fights.

DamnSevern - 

This.

I would love to see Curran in the UFC. I thought he was going to eaten alive by Sandro and then Warren and he came thorugh. Very impressed so far! 

Would love to see him rematch Alvarez in the UFC :D

I don't know if he's the 2nd best featherweight in MMA but he is by far the best outside of the UFC, I'd put him above Patricio Pitbull. He is an incredible counter-fighter who can capitalize on tiny openings in brutal fashion. I cannot wait for the Friere fight. It's been a long time coming.

TTT.

Curran knocked out Marlon Sandro. That kind of tells you everything you need to know. He's very good, I'm not sure if he's number two but definitely top 10.

Anyone else noticing how stacked featherweight is now? Definitely the best after lightweight and welterweight. Phone Post

I only rank Aldo and Edgar above Curran at FW. Would also love to see Patricio Freire in the UFC. Phone Post

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Curran knocked out Marlon Sandro. That kind of tells you everything you need to know. He's very good, I'm not sure if he's number two but definitely top 10.

Anyone else noticing how stacked featherweight is now? Definitely the best after lightweight and welterweight. Phone Post

amazing how weak as shit it used to be compared to now.  Aldo keeps talking about moving up... he doesnt need to go anywhere... everybody is coming to him.

I wonder when he will be a free agent, same with Askren, he has been in Bellator 2 years and has like 7 fights already.

So they look to be the next two guys who will become free agents sometime in the next 18 months.

MMALOGIC -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Curran knocked out Marlon Sandro. That kind of tells you everything you need to know. He's very good, I'm not sure if he's number two but definitely top 10.

amazing how weak as shit it used to be compared to now.  Aldo keeps talking about moving up... he doesnt need to go anywhere... everybody is coming to him.

It's easily Bellator's best division as well. It's become my favorite division Phone Post

MMALOGIC - 

Exactly, you got Edgar, Zombie, Koch/Lamas, Cub/Siver, Guida/Hioki, Mendes working his way back up, Dustin P.

prospects like Dias and Rony Jason, though he wont fight Hacran because they are in the same camp.

But FW is getting really solid.

Plus you have tons of FW prospects like Lance Palmer, Chas Skelly, Chris G, Doo Ho Choi, Caldwell, Hunter Tucker, Sharkbait who the UFC hasnt even signed yet.

Add in guys like Crusher, Takaya, Lion, Miyata, Georgi K.

Plus you got Bellators FW div which is their best or second best div, FW is great in mma right now. It just doesnt get the love because its a new div and a smaller weight class I guess.

Can't forget Dan straus with the fw

Hopefully Aldo gets healthy and stays that way, can't wait to see him against some of these fw beasts coming after him

if he came in under a standard contract then, when he won the tourney then the contract extended another 18 months or three fights, and then got the title it extended again...i know of several guys in bellator now that are in this same contractual hell.... unless you are/were an alvarez/ lombard coming in who had a  name or decent representation, then you got a shit contract that had these extenders... lombard wasn't that well-known when he signed with Bellator but had Kawa as his agent and Malki did a good job for him getting something other thant the bare bones basement deal..alvarez had a name and monte in his favor....most of their homegrown talent are truly fucked because they didn't have the baragaining power to get something better than the standard deal...

robnashville - 

if he came in under a standard contract then, when he won the tourney then the contract extended another 18 months or three fights, and then got the title it extended again...i know of several guys in bellator now that are in this same contractual hell.... unless you are/were an alvarez/ lombard coming in who had a  name or decent representation, then you got a shit contract that had these extenders... lombard wasn't that well-known when he signed with Bellator but had Kawa as his agent and Malki did a good job for him getting something other thant the bare bones basement deal..alvarez had a name and monte in his favor....most of their homegrown talent are truly fucked because they didn't have the baragaining power to get something better than the standard deal...

So what do you think, maybe another 2 years before he would be a free agent?

Cause I know they do extend the contract for tournament winners and runner ups and when you win the belt it gets extended 3 fights/18 months.

But you are right, Lombard/Eddie were early on in Bellator, Curran/Chandler, Askren were latter so they could have worse contracts.

MMALOGIC - 
Nexuscrawlers - 

why would he have to lose?  did lombard have to lose?  bellator doesnt have a champions clause... instead they sign guys long term, many fight deals with a matching period.  usually 9 fights.

oh, see, i thought Lombard vacated his title instead of renewing his contract. i thought they did have a chanpions clause since that was talked about back then when Lombard was still in Bellator.

DamnSevern -

. Phone Post