Paul Craigs 5th undefeated opponent in UFC

UFC keep handing him undefeated fighters. Can't help but wonder why. Can't they face each other too? 

Chaddderz -

UFC keep handing him undefeated fighters. Can't help but wonder why. Can't they face each other too? 

Most of them were undefeated on the regional circuits but had little or no UFC experience when he fought them. Some were recently signed and wouldn't have been on the roster at the same time to fight each other. 

• Upcoming opponent Kennedy Nzechukwu: 6-0, no UFC fights, one appearance on "DW's contender series."
  • Last opponent Jimmy Crute: It was Crute's first UFC fight (plus he had one fight on contender series).
  • Magomend Ankalaev: Straight off the Russian/European regional circuit. First UFC fight.
  • Tyson Pedro: 2nd UFC fight. Previously strictly on Australian regional circuit.
Tug Dabone -
Chaddderz -

Most of them were undefeated on the regional circuits but had little or no UFC experience when he fought them. Some were recently signed and wouldn't have been on the roster at the same time to fight each other. 

• Upcoming opponent Kennedy Nzechukwu: 6-0, no UFC fights, one appearance on "DW's contender series."
  • Last opponent Jimmy Crute: It was Crute's first UFC fight (plus he had one fight on contender series).
  • Magomend Ankalaev: Straight off the Russian/European regional circuit. First UFC fight.
  • Tyson Pedro: 2nd UFC fight. Previously strictly on Australian regional circuit.

So Paul hasn't moved up the ranking at all then if he's still fighting the fresh regional guys?

This is his 4th undefeated (UFC) opponent?

Chaddderz - 
Tug Dabone -
Chaddderz -

So Paul hasn't moved up the ranking at all then if he's still fighting the fresh regional guys?

has he fought anyone who would move him up?

Chaddderz -
Tug Dabone -
Chaddderz -

Why would he have moved up? He's 1-3 in his last 4

1 Like
Samoa -

This is his 4th undefeated (UFC) opponent?

He also fought (and beat) Luis Henrique da Silva, who was 12-0 when they fought.

Da Silva went 2-4 in UFC, got released, tried to come back via the contender series (wtf?) and lost to Johnny Walker.

Paul Craig's problem in moving up in competition is probably that he's gone 2-3 in UFC and been finished in all 3 losses. He fought Khalil Rountree, which might have moved him up in terms of potential opponents, but Rountree TKO'd him in the first round.

I should mention that UFC might like to keep Craig around because he's a scrapper. In 13 pro fights he's never gone to a decision. (Which makes me a fan of any fight he's in, because I'm a total Just Bleed guy.)

So they'RE undefeated because they're fresh into the UFC and he's fighting them because he has been unable to progress further up the ladder due to losses?

Chaddderz -

So they'RE undefeated because they're fresh into the UFC and he's fighting them because he has been unable to progress further up the ladder due to losses?

Sounds good 

Well, congrats to Paul Craig: He's now handed 3 fighters their first pro loss, and he still has never gone to a decision as a pro.

That was also his 6th win by triangle choke and 10th sub in 11 wins. 

BEARJEW! BEARJEW! BEARJEW!

He's a decent gatekeeper. 

While I don't have high hopes for a championship run, I fucking love having Paul Craig around.

Oh, by the way, that was Craig's third performance bonus in six UFC fights. Each time he knocked an undefeated guy from the unbeaten ranks he won $50K. Maybe they'll find him another guy who hasn't tasted defeat for his next fight.

Oh, and also, FWIW, Tapology ranks his sub of Ankalaev last year as the #1 sub of 2018. (Ankalaev was a -750 favorite in that fight.)

Didn't know of this guy before but I'm definitely a fan now!!

Legalize It -

Didn't know of this guy before but I'm definitely a fan now!!

This

Tug Dabone -

Oh, by the way, that was Craig's third performance bonus in six UFC fights. Each time he knocked an undefeated guy from the unbeaten ranks he won $50K. Maybe they'll find him another guy who hasn't tasted defeat for his next fight.

Oh, and also, FWIW, Tapology ranks his sub of Ankalaev last year as the #1 sub of 2018. (Ankalaev was a -750 favorite in that fight.)

I'm happy for him! That submission was my sub of 2018 easily.

The streak of undefeated fighters continues! 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/other-sports/mma/paul-craig-big-ufc-claim-14685968

Chaddderz -

The streak of undefeated fighters continues! 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/other-sports/mma/paul-craig-big-ufc-claim-14685968

Total record of his opponents is 52-2