Paul Craigs 5th undefeated opponent in UFC

Chaddderz -
Chaddderz -

The streak of undefeated fighters continues! 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/other-sports/mma/paul-craig-big-ufc-claim-14685968

Total record of his opponents is 52-2

Maybe the UFC matchmakers have been reading your thread.

Not only hasn't his opponent lost, but he also hasn't ever gone to a decision. So this fight will involve two guys who have had 22 pro fights and haven't needed the judges in a single one of them. Could be another post-fight bonus coming up for Paul Craig.....

Tug Dabone -
Chaddderz -
Chaddderz -

The streak of undefeated fighters continues! 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/other-sports/mma/paul-craig-big-ufc-claim-14685968

Total record of his opponents is 52-2

Maybe the UFC matchmakers have been reading your thread.

Not only hasn't his opponent lost, but he also hasn't ever gone to a decision. So this fight will involve two guys who have had 22 pro fights and haven't needed the judges in a single one of them. Could be another post-fight bonus coming up for Paul Craig.....

I bet he's wrestling every day trying to get better.

I like paul. But, hes not even top 15 or close to it imo.  Hes beating guys that prolly dont belong in the ufc. Paul is a game dude with decent sub grappling but he himself does not belong in the ufc either imo. He gets blown out of the water whenever he faces a decent opponent and takes lumps beating up rookies.

I like him. I do. He just isnt that good. Even his grappling is sloppy and thats his game and isnt he like 36? Glad hes getting paid to do what he loves and obv makes him happy.

Anti sematism 

Lot of comments for this unknown guy

El_Geronimo_de_Gato -

I like paul. But, hes not even top 15 or close to it imo.  Hes beating guys that prolly dont belong in the ufc. Paul is a game dude with decent sub grappling but he himself does not belong in the ufc either imo. He gets blown out of the water whenever he faces a decent opponent and takes lumps beating up rookies.

I like him. I do. He just isnt that good. Even his grappling is sloppy and thats his game and isnt he like 36? Glad hes getting paid to do what he loves and obv makes him happy.

He's actually 31 years old.

As for whether he "belongs" in the UFC: I'll have to disagree with you there. Yes, he has a .500 record in UFC, but he also has a .500 record in earning post-fight bonuses. He comes to fight, and he's not going to bore anyone. 

Take a look at the records - especially the Zuffa records - of the guys in the LHW division and you'll see plenty of fighters who you might argue don't "belong" in the UFC: Ed Herman (10-11 UFC), Shogun Rua and Gian Villante (10-9); Blachowicz, Nogueira, Manuwa (all 6-5); Rountree (4-4); Oezdemir and Pedro (3-3); etc. 

Five guys so far have entered their fight with Paul Craig with an undefeated record. Only 2 of them left the fight with no losses. I'd say he's doing alright in UFC.

Tug Dabone -
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -

He's actually 31 years old.

As for whether he "belongs" in the UFC: I'll have to disagree with you there. Yes, he has a .500 record in UFC, but he also has a .500 record in earning post-fight bonuses. He comes to fight, and he's not going to bore anyone. 

Take a look at the records - especially the Zuffa records - of the guys in the LHW division and you'll see plenty of fighters who you might argue don't "belong" in the UFC: Ed Herman (10-11 UFC), Shogun Rua and Gian Villante (10-9); Blachowicz, Nogueira, Manuwa (all 6-5); Rountree (4-4); Oezdemir and Pedro (3-3); etc. 

Five guys so far have entered their fight with Paul Craig with an undefeated record. Only 2 of them left the fight with no losses. I'd say he's doing alright in UFC.

Ok.

Paul Craig has the best nickname in the sport

Chadderz, you at Art of Combat at the Alhambra tonight mate?

On June 29 Paul Craig takes on his 6th undefeated fighter in 7 UFC fights. He fights 8-0 Alonzo Menifield. Menifield is either 1-0 in UFC or 3-0, depending on whether you consider BLAF's "contender series" to be UFC fights. Menifield has actually been through the contender series twice, in 2017 and 2018, finally getting a UFC contract on his second time around. (His first pro fight was with Bellator. He finished his opponent in 38 seconds. Nice job, Coker!)

These two guys have been in 22 pro fights and have never gone to a decision. Menifield has KO'd 7 of 8 opponents. He's only gone past the first round twice. Craig has subbed 10 of the 11 guys he's beaten, the last two in the final minute of the third round.

Online bookies have Menifield a solid -250 favorite in this one. The only time Craig has been a favorite, he lost. He's 3-2 as a UFC underdog.

I'll go out on a limb and say this fight doesn't go to the cards. It's currently the Main Card curtain jerker, so it should be an exciting opener to the event.

No idea if Menifield has gas tank issues. He's musclebound and comes out swinging.  

Bisping=Champ4Life -

Chadderz, you at Art of Combat at the Alhambra tonight mate?

Man I was indeed! And I'll be at the next one! Headlining hopefully! 

1 Like
Tug Dabone -

On June 29 Paul Craig takes on his 6th undefeated fighter in 7 UFC fights. He fights 8-0 Alonzo Menifield. Menifield is either 1-0 in UFC or 3-0, depending on whether you consider BLAF's "contender series" to be UFC fights. Menifield has actually been through the contender series twice, in 2017 and 2018, finally getting a UFC contract on his second time around. (His first pro fight was with Bellator. He finished his opponent in 38 seconds. Nice job, Coker!)

These two guys have been in 22 pro fights and have never gone to a decision. Menifield has KO'd 7 of 8 opponents. He's only gone past the first round twice. Craig has subbed 10 of the 11 guys he's beaten, the last two in the final minute of the third round.

Online bookies have Menifield a solid -250 favorite in this one. The only time Craig has been a favorite, he lost. He's 3-2 as a UFC underdog.

I'll go out on a limb and say this fight doesn't go to the cards. It's currently the Main Card curtain jerker, so it should be an exciting opener to the event.

No idea if Menifield has gas tank issues. He's musclebound and comes out swinging.  

That's a decent turn-around. He's on track to being a very active fighter. Always got to appreciate that. 

1 Like

I seen him in a shopping centre and nearly shouted "bearjew!" in public. Likely I was able to wind my neck in

My prediction: Craig plays it smart, lets Menifield tire himself out and grow arm weary (due to lactic acidosis, of course), and goes for the sub in the 2nd round.

Added prediction: Craig takes home yet another post-fight bonus, and another undefeated opponent goes home with one L on his record.

War Paul Craig! 

1 Like

I maintain my original position on Craig. 

Standup and wrestling looked improved. No idea why his corner called for him to double up on the sbk. 

I dont see him ever breaking top 15 or being more than a gatekeeper unfortunately. I like seeing scots represented.

Paul Craig's streak is over. On Sept. 21 he'll be fighting a guy who's got 3 losses!

He takes on 9-3 Vinicius Moreira. Eight of Moreira's 9 wins have come by sub. 

Ten of Paul's 11 wins have come by sub.

In a combined total of 27 fights, neither of these guys have ever gone to decision. Something's got to give this week.

Tug Dabone -

Paul Craig's streak is over. On Sept. 21 he'll be fighting a guy who's got 3 losses!

He takes on 9-3 Vinicius Moreira. Eight of Moreira's 9 wins have come by sub. 

Ten of Paul's 11 wins have come by sub.

In a combined total of 27 fights, neither of these guys have ever gone to decision. Something's got to give this week.

Compared to all his other fights this seems like a gimme by comparison. 

Uh oh.... Paul opened as a favorite (-120) and has been bet down to +100, with his opponent now favored by bettors at -120.

Ha ha, big fucking deal! He's been a betting underdog against 6-0 Nzechukwu, 9-0 Ankalaev, and 12-0 Henrique da Silva. Ask those previously unbeaten guys how well being the favorite worked out for them!

I don't normally give out betting advice (although I did recommend an underdog play on Tristan Connelly recently... just sayin'.... and you can take or leave my advice if you'd like) but I'll go out on a limb and say that you should watch the movement of the betting line here and think long and hard about pouncing on Craig for a sweeeet payday at the bookie's. If Craig moves further into "plus" territory and becomes a bigger underdog, you could be looking at a nice potential return on your wager. 

(Not to influence anyone, but if I'm not mistaken Paul Craig has won POTN bonuses in 3 of his last 6 fights. I wouldn't be surprised to see yet another bonus in this matchup.)

Tug Dabone -

Uh oh.... Paul opened as a favorite (-120) and has been bet down to +100, with his opponent now favored by bettors at -120.

Ha ha, big fucking deal! He's been a betting underdog against 6-0 Nzechukwu, 9-0 Ankalaev, and 12-0 Henrique da Silva. Ask those previously unbeaten guys how well being the favorite worked out for them!

I don't normally give out betting advice (although I did recommend an underdog play on Tristan Connelly recently... just sayin'.... and you can take or leave my advice if you'd like) but I'll go out on a limb and say that you should watch the movement of the betting line here and think long and hard about pouncing on Craig for a sweeeet payday at the bookie's. If Craig moves further into "plus" territory and becomes a bigger underdog, you could be looking at a nice potential return on your wager. 

(Not to influence anyone, but if I'm not mistaken Paul Craig has won POTN bonuses in 3 of his last 6 fights. I wouldn't be surprised to see yet another bonus in this matchup.)

Wow, I hope some people got down a solid bet on Paul Craig.

Well, if you give Paul an opponent who isn't undefeated, that's what you get: A first round sub. Money in the bank for the bettors.

Could be yet another POTN for Paul.

^ Oh, would you look at that: Another POTN for Paul. That makes 4 in 8 fights for him, if I'm not mistaken. 

I'll admit that this is a case where there were one or two other fighters who some might feel deserved a POTN ahead of Craig, because it sounds like last night's card produced some excellent individual performances. Too bad UFC limits the number of bonuses. They could afford to make exceptions and add bonuses when fighters merit them.