Paul Daley vs. Tyron Woodley

ouch. well it's been real paul. good luck

Paul Daley vs. Tyron Woodley targeted for "Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson"

Another big addition has been made to next month's "Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson" event.

Sources close to the show today told MMAjunkie.com that a welterweight bout between Tyron Woodley (8-0 MMA, 6-0 SF) and Paul Daley (27-10-2 MMA, 2-1 SF) is in the process of being finalized for the card.

It's not clear if Nick Diaz's recently vacated welterweight title will be on the line.

"Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson" takes place July 30 at Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, Ill. The main card, including a Fedor Emelianenko vs. Dan Henderson heavyweight headliner, airs live on Showtime.

Daley initially was slated to fight Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos on the card, but the Brazilian recently bowed out due to a shoulder injury.

Daley fights for the first time since an April title loss to Diaz. Prior to the TKO defeat, the knockout artist had won eight of nine fights, and the lone loss came to perennial contender Josh Koscheck at UFC 113. UFC officials ultimately released the British fighter after the fight because of a post-bout suckerpunch.

Daley, long ranked among the world's top 170-pounders, now meets the fast-rising Woodley, who was earmarked for a shot at Diaz before he opted to vacate the title and challenge UFC champ Georges St-Pierre in October. Woodley, a former standout wrestler at the University of Missouri, joined Strikeforce after just two wins and since has pushed his record to 8-0. His recent victories have come over notables such as Rudy Bears, Nathan Coy, Andre Galvao and Tarec Saffiedine.
from mma junkie

Yep, gonna get wrestlefucked again.

MillhouseMMA - Yep, gonna get wrestlefucked again.

yea. woodley is a beast. i forsee a 3rd leg humb session.

woodley via decision easily daley cant stop the td esp not one of woodley's caliber. Daley's gone from a war that he would prob win to a wrestle fucking and another L on his record

he's going to lay n pray for 3 rounds even worse than he did against Terec Saffedine!

Woodley is gonna finish him and then Daley gets cut.

I like Woodley but I hope Daley can win in exciting fashion, otherwise he's getting wrestlefucked. Phone Post

Zuffas way of getting rid of Daley for good.

After this it'll be BAMMA and Shark Fights for him

Woodley needs to go talk to Kos and find out what to whisper to him while he wrestlefucks him.

i'm trying to give tyron the benefit of the doubt. hopefully after the saffedine fight he has been working on his subs/gnp.

Dongbar13 -  i'm trying to give tyron the benefit of the doubt. hopefully after the saffedine fight he has been working on his subs/gnp.

He has some good subs & gnp, I think they were both fighting not to lose & made for a boring fight.

terrible fight for daley. woodley will take him down at will.

Seriously?? Woodley hasn't fought anyone like Daley yet,and he hasn't exactly been impressive either....Daley by KO Round 1.

bdog7 - 
Dongbar13 -  i'm trying to give tyron the benefit of the doubt. hopefully after the saffedine fight he has been working on his subs/gnp.

He has some good subs & gnp, I think they were both fighting not to lose & made for a boring fight.

i think he has a lot of room for improvement in all aspects of mma. gnp and subs included

Anyone thinking anything other than LNP UD for Woodley is delusional

Reed Rothchild -  I think Daley can catch him for sure... It will be T-Woodly's first big fight.... Is it for the championship? Phone Post

i dont think he has more than a punchers chance but i got my crystal ball at the discount store so it gets fuzzy. there is now way that zuffa risks wraping a belt around daley imo.

ttt

Yes! Woodley is the man, he'll dominate Daley and get the strap he deserves. Unfortunately Daley has so much power, I doubt woodley messes around on the ground, he'll probably take him down and wont do a ton. I could see him passing the guard a lot though. I hope he gets a finish but I guess it's unlikely. Phone Post

I say T-Wood via sub Phone Post