Paul Targets Summertime Fight against Nate Diaz

Jake Paul fights Tommy Fury on Sunday, February 26th from Diriyah Arena in Saudi Arabia, and the YouTuber turned boxer is fully focused on the task in front of him. That being said, he’s still interested in fighting Nate Diaz later this year … in both boxing and MMA.

“I think they’re ready. They’re ready. I’m getting through Sunday and we’re going to line that one up, ASAP,” Paul said when asked about a Diaz match-up on The MMA Hour.

“I think that’s next. I think that’s what the fans want, and that’s who I want,” he continued. “There’s been a lot of talk back and forth, we’ve said our stuff, but it’s time to get down to business.”
When asked what kind of timeframe he saw for a Nate Diaz fight, he said “I guess probably like mid-year. Maybe summer, sometime in summer.”

And Paul re-iterated what he’d said in the past: he was willing to fight Nate Diaz in the cage if Diaz will box him in a ring.

“I want to do the one fight boxing, one fight MMA, but I’m not sure if Nate’s team is, like, fully aligned on that yet,” Paul said. “Or I don’t know if they realize how serious I am about that. I think they thought I was just doing it for hype, but I’m dead a—.”
At the start of 2023, Jake Paul announced a partnership with the Professional Fight League to promote a Super Fight league. Fighters competing in this division will earn at least 50% of pay-per-view proceeds. It’s expected that Paul will make his MMA debut under this system sometime in the latter end of the year.

An MMA fight against Nate Diaz would certainly be something to witness.

Easy money for Paul. Cashing in on another name who’s on his way out the game.

2 Likes

Hes way bigger than nate, but i could imagine nate putting a jab into his nose for 8rnds and avoiding big shot from paul.

The mma match is slightly interesting again with with pauls size advantage and minimal experience can he overcome nates bjj?

No

1 Like

How? By using his blazing fast footwork, or his hyper-athletic head movement? Avoiding shots has never been a thing for either Diaz brother.

1 Like

Im not saying it is going to happen, just that it is a possible route to victory.

Nate has worked with andre ward in several training camps, so he is somewhat familiar with the strategies and movments of boxing.

What is the actual size/reach discrepancy?

Ward calls him a training partner and says his boxing is a game.

Andre Ward is clearly a liar. Son of God indeed.

Im sure thats a little locker room sweet talk. But its also true that nate worked with him, as well as he with nate.

1 Like