Paulo Filho calls out Hughes

Filho isnt a 170 pounder

"Who cares this tool has better jiujitsu.. I've seen alot of Filho's fights.. boring as hell, Hughes probably even has more submission wins than Filho the blanket 2.
Give it up you BJJ nutt riders.

Matt Hughes would punish Filho horribly."

Don't worry dude if filho lost the bjj nutriders would just say that he was a judo guy.

Different weight classes. I'd take Hughes if Filho could suck himself down to 170, Filho at 185.

lakergirl is right. Why in the hell would it be incumbent on Hughes to move up in weight to fight someone challenging him? If they fight at 170, Hughes would do just fine. Actually, better than just fine.

Reading the original article, it didn't seem like Filho was calling out Hughes, though. He just said he'd be happy to fight him.

"Why in the hell would it be incumbent on Hughes to move up in weight to fight someone challenging him?"

Yet he moved up to 175 to fight Royce?

Filho would never make 170. He is too big. He would maul Hughes at 185

If Filho could make 170, I'd think that Hughes would do fine against him. Otherwise, Hughes would be outsized by one of the very best 185'ers in the world.

Robin.

I would like to see it. Probably be a really good fight. I'm not going to say Hughes couldn't beat him. But I don't see it happening in reality. Whenever I see Filho's name, I can't help but remember Minowa cradle-piledrving him. The first time I had ever seen an actual pro wrestling move done for real in a mma fight.

pulsar my man!!! what's going on? Holy shit, looky looky :) I wouldn't dare call this one...it'd be a battle for the ages...

He slammed Ninja and held him down as long as he felt like it. This is the same Ninja that reversed Kevin Randleman

No that was a 205lbs Ninja that reversed Randleman not the 183 lbs Ninja.

"No that was a 205lbs Ninja that reversed Randleman not the 183 lbs Ninja."

You mean his extra bodyfat helped him reverse Randleman? I would have thought it was his skill Because Ninja has always been a 185 lbs guy. He bulked up because there was no MW class in Pride at the time. He is back at his real weight now

people dont relize losing weight sapps u of energy.If Fiho made 170 he wouldnt be the same fighter that fights at 185

Did Filho really finish 3rd in the judo junior worlds?

At any rate, kids, while Filho is a badass and a great grappler in both tds and ground, before anyone says he's got the better tds or ground game than Hughes, smart people say these kinds of things based on who they have fought and done them against. Smart people could also look at who Hughes has taken down and submitted/tko'ed and who Filho has but it wouldnt take a smart person to realize that Hughes has done way more in those departments and against better opposition.

Conclusion: Hughes is the better td and ground fighter, and Filho has quite a ways to go to what Hughes has accomplished in those areas.

"WASN'T ROYCE A BLACK BELT"(LOL)

FU NEWBIE

Filho should stfu, he's just a slightly smaller version of Ricardo 'The Stall Machine' Arona

"Yet he moved up to 175 to fight Royce?"

Hughes and the UFC gain a hell of a lot more from Royce fighting than Filho fighting. I can see why they'd make a five pound accomodation. What do you think Hughes and the UFC would gain from him moving up to 185 to fight somebody the general public has never heard of?

Hughes is good, but he wouldn´t have a chance in hell against Filho.

"Filho is 200+ lbs"

Sure he is and he benched 800lbs as well.

JIU JUTSU!! JIU JUTSU!! JIU JUTSU!! JIU JUTSU!! JIU JUTSU!!

YOU TUBE! YOU TUBE! YOU TUBE!

As far as the BJ Loss, that was about the Right hand that Hughes caught on his chin, not the choke.