PBF guaranteed $41.5 mil - Canelo $10mil plus!

Crazy amounts of money ! $41.5 million guaranteed and Canelo is getting more than $10million. With the possibility of more for both. Will MMA ever get near that ? Phone Post 3.0

That aint shit,

nick diaz spends more than that on camp Phone Post

No it won't

I guess people still want to watch it.  That's some good money.

lifeaftrprison - Crazy amounts of money ! $41.5 million guaranteed and Canelo is getting more than $10million. With the possibility of more for both. Will MMA ever get near that ? Phone Post 3.0

MMA is most definitely near those dollars. Except the majority is kept by Zuffa.

SpiderRicco - 
lifeaftrprison - Crazy amounts of money ! $41.5 million guaranteed and Canelo is getting more than $10million. With the possibility of more for both. Will MMA ever get near that ? Phone Post 3.0

MMA is most definitely near those dollars. Except the majority is kept by Zuffa.

the amount of ppv buys this is expected to do is over 2 mill. only ufc 100 comes remotely close to that.

also good on floyd for distributing the cash for this fight

Mma won't reach this because Floyd has it figured out. He makes profit off everything. He runs the show Phone Post 3.0

Floyd even makes money off every hotdog sold in the arena

no other fighter has his kind of setup

FedorFalconPunch - Lol UFC makes dam close to same money as Floyd.

The only difference is there top fighters are making 30k to show, 30k to win.

LOL Step your game up Bozo Dana..thats why no true athletic talents waste there time with MMA because there is no future stability in this sport unless you dominate to 20-0 and somehow get a huge fan bases of tool bag fans.

Sponsors pay 2k to a fighter LOL, this shit is dying quickly and it saddens me that bozos like ferrita and dana are running it, nothing but scumbags.

Yes they help some fighters out, but in the big picture they are fucking them hard

You can be a paper champion in boxing like paulie malignaagi and still make more than top ufc fighters

FedorFalconPunch - Lol UFC makes dam close to same money as Floyd.

LOL Step your game up Bozo Dana..thats why no true athletic talents waste there time with MMA because there is no future stability in this sport unless you dominate to 20-0 and somehow get a huge fan bases of tool bag fans.

Sponsors pay 2k to a fighter LOL, this shit is dying quickly and it saddens me that bozos like ferrita and dana are running it, nothing but scumbags.

Yes they help some fighters out, but in the big picture they are fucking them hard
Did you actually just say "bozos" twice? Phone Post 3.0

FedorFalconPunch - Lol UFC makes dam close to same money as Floyd.

there's no debate the top boxers make more than the UFC fighters, i'd bet money mayweather makes more than all of the UFC champs combined.

No athlete in any sport is making that kind of money right now. Phone Post

Yeah I'd like to see what the rest if the guys on that card are paid in comparison. I'll bet most are on less than the 6k/6k UFC minimum.
When one guy takes that sort of money, it generally comes at the expense of the rest. Phone Post 3.0

Well Canelo is making at least $10 million , but probably more is what the article on ESPN said. And the exact numbers won't be in till the submit it to the NSAC the day before the fight. So it's unrealistic for mma to reach $41.5 million and so many believe only he makes that type of cash. What about $10 million guaranteed ? Is it possible ? Phone Post 3.0

MDubz - You guys are funny. Floyd is one man making this money, no one else in boxing gets that and no one else on that card sniffs it. Handing out a big pay day to the last Mohican of the boxing world once a year compared to Dana paying a stable of guys on multiple ppvs isn't even comparable. Don't speak on subjects if you aren't even going to bother to be educated on it beforehand. Phone Post 3.0

Canelo has just made $10 Million for ONE FIGHT.

Name me ONE person that has made that in the UFC for ONE fight?

GSP (if you read the Rich-List websites) has made $14 Million in his UFC CAREER! That's a joke.

The UFC, for a sport that hypes it's self as 'The fastest growing sport in the world', 'We're bigger than Manchester United' pay's it's fighters peanuts. End of.

A) No.

B) If it EVER does, then Dana & Co are pocketing that money.

if a UFC fighter ever made 40m a fight it would mean zuffa is making 10 times what it is today... and even then what market pressures are there to push the UFC purse that high?  at some point Zuffa's revenue streams will outpace local market pressures and share of revenue will actually drop.

Zuffa pays the top guys based on what theoretically they can make without the UFC (brand, distribution, marketing)... plus some to make it a no brainer to stay and for the very top guys it's currently less than 5m a fight.

You can sell 700k ppv's and a 4m gate with the UFC... that's a market pressure because you can sell x amount without the UFC.  YOu're not however getting a tv deal in mexico without the UFC... you're not getting a TV deal in Brazil without the UFC, BT sport in the UK, china, etc...

I believe top UFC pay will eventually max out at around 15m a fight (todays dollars).

SpiderRicco -

U may b right Phone Post 3.0

Seems as if whenever PBF fights and his pay numbers get thrown around, a thread or two pops up.

Simply put, there is nobody in MMA that is even close to the overall boxer/showman/promoter that PBF. And that's just a fact. For there to be, you'd have to have a single MMAist that could:

-talk like Chael

-had the skills of a GSP or Jones

-not lose a fight in roughly 20 years (beating over 40 guys in the process)

-have hustle (in terms of $$ and promotion) like Dana

I'm not sure any one of those examples are on the level PBF is, much less there be one guy that has them all.

JCON really was correct when he said that PBF "has it figured out". I mean, think about it - you know this "All Access" type shows we like building up to a fight? That shit all started with HBO's "24/7". And as I understand it, that shit was largely PBF's idea in the first place.

The guy has massive skills and is a hustle/promotion machine.

We have a lot of guys saying PBF has it figured out and that's why he makes so much. He promotes himself correct ? Will an a fighter ever have that ability ? Is he able to do so because there are governing bodies over the actual titles , not a promotional title? What about his opponent with a $10 million purse ? Doesn't PAC make $25 million a fight ? Does anyone think this will evolve into those types of numbers. Or even consistent $10 million for the top guys - GSP , Jones etc. - PBF last fight didn't break 1 million buys did it ? We all believe this is a better sport with a growing fanbase , some think a bigger fanbase then boxing ; can we expect that type of purse in the future. Or everyone just assumes Zuffa will get it ? Crap Holyfield made $20 mil against Buster. Boxers have been making millions for a long time - is it a simple as mma will keep evolving ? Phone Post 3.0