PC for video editing/live streaming

I would like to get a pc powerful enough to edit videos and do smooth live streams. I currently use Ice Queen's cheesy all-in-one computer inside the monitor thing. Its alright but when I've tried to run streaming software with screen capture etc... it hoses up.

I don't do any PC gaming, but is that what I need? A gaming style PC?

Oh yeah and budget is $0 so anything you recommend is over budget.

tough to do on that budget. Start with a chrome book.

Fighting -

tough to do on that budget. Start with a chrome book.

That sounds like the opposite of what I need.

Aren't those basically amped up tablets mostly for people that just type and browse?

I need a lot of storage, processing power, graphics and inputs/compatibility.

Come on, you nerds.

Decent video editing is expensive & resource heavy. Use your phone until there is a budget.

You can half-ass it with an iMac & iMovie but you're gonna hate it.

If you don’t have a budget then I’m confused as to what you’re asking for - honestly the software that takes advantage of a powerful rig will be difficult for you to use in the first place.

^I'm guessing he wants to post/stream MA instructionals.

I use high end hp laptops at work to run anything but i always thought macs bread an butter was video picture editing etc. 

I'm currently using a cheap hp all in one and Windows movie maker. Its rudimentary but I can do some basic stuff. When I outgrow I will start using Adobe... but I'm toying with live streaming though and I don't think this thing can hang. It hoses up pretty badwhen I Skype and completely shits the bed when I try to use something like OBS to record webcam + screen capture etc...

Usually in your situation I would recommend an iMac because the transition from WMM to Final Cut Pro will be less brutal but since you're live streaming aswell I think you should avoid the iMac unless you plan on spending 3k+ for a top of the line model. 

Yes you'll need a gaming style PC especially if you're going to Premiere Pro. The three most important things you'll need for that type of PC is a high end CPU(i7), atleast 16GBs of Ram, and a great SSD. You can get away with a mid-range Graphics card since you're not gaming but be prepared to spend upwards of 1.5k+

Since you're probably not going to build it yourself I recommend looking into iBuyPower and CybertronPC to build a custom one for you. 

"will be less brutal but since you're live streaming aswell I think you should avoid the iMac"

Why? Streaming isn't a resource hog. I stream with decade-old Windows 7 gear frequently.

"It hoses up pretty badwhen I Skype and completely shits the bed when I try to use something like OBS to record webcam + screen capture etc."

Skype is a silly bitch that wants all your bandwidth for itself. The way to control it is to use a separate device for it, & import its output to your streaming device via a capture card or even directly with a webcam in a pinch. I use a wicked old laptop for that job. You need to be able to throttle down the network bandwidth (via your router/switch) otherwise it'll hog it & fuck with your stream.

Can you talk a little more about what you're trying to do? There's no do-re-mi in video podcasting/instructional outside of a handful of people. It will be very wasteful to point you towards the pro gear solutions.

Different story if you're wanting to game review on Twitch or whatever, but those sites will steer you to the appropriate budget solutions in their FAQs.

Post the comp specs. Pretty sure what you’re using is not made for what you want it to do. If you have no budget then you are pretty much a floating turd in water. There are plenty of build it yourself sites that you can finance through. If you need some links I can post them. 

Have you googled 'Sony Vegas pro 15 free?'

^^^Follow up?

Streaming has more to do with internet speed.

BarkLikeADog - "It hoses up pretty badwhen I Skype and completely shits the bed when I try to use something like OBS to record webcam + screen capture etc."

Skype is a silly bitch that wants all your bandwidth for itself. The way to control it is to use a separate device for it, & import its output to your streaming device via a capture card or even directly with a webcam in a pinch. I use a wicked old laptop for that job. You need to be able to throttle down the network bandwidth (via your router/switch) otherwise it'll hog it & fuck with your stream.

Can you talk a little more about what you're trying to do? There's no do-re-mi in video podcasting/instructional outside of a handful of people. It will be very wasteful to point you towards the pro gear solutions.

Different story if you're wanting to game review on Twitch or whatever, but those sites will steer you to the appropriate budget solutions in their FAQs.

This is a new stream/show thing for Streetbeefs that I appear regularly on. I was thinking something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOuNoyV1aR8

Upperdog - Have you googled 'Sony Vegas pro 15 free?'

I did now.

FFS69 -

Usually in your situation I would recommend an iMac because the transition from WMM to Final Cut Pro will be less brutal but since you're live streaming aswell I think you should avoid the iMac unless you plan on spending 3k+ for a top of the line model. 

Yes you'll need a gaming style PC especially if you're going to Premiere Pro. The three most important things you'll need for that type of PC is a high end CPU(i7), atleast 16GBs of Ram, and a great SSD. You can get away with a mid-range Graphics card since you're not gaming but be prepared to spend upwards of 1.5k+

Since you're probably not going to build it yourself I recommend looking into iBuyPower and CybertronPC to build a custom one for you. 

Actually gpu is much more important 

The people advising you to sink thousands into a gaming PC don't stream for a living & are talking jive. Spend as little as possible & see if you have the content to gather an audience first. That's the whole point of podcasting - that it's so cheap & easy, anyone can do it. Live video streaming is more of a pain in the ass with much less return; audiences generally don't care about live or video unless the content necessitates it.

The pro way of doing it is a Tricaster or equivalent; $20,000 before you even plug a camera into it, but it's all-in-one & reliable.

But you can literally do it from your smart phone or laptop. Have a dedicated device for Skype/Facetime & throw it into your frame. If an audience cares about what you have to say, they will be forgiving of the tech & you can tap them for upgrades later.

The channel you posted is a month old & has 3100 total views. That's roughly $1.50. It'll be 6 years before he sees a dime from AdSense at that rate. That's not a business model.