Pc gaming = less stress on elbow tendons?

I have a bad case of tennis and golfers elbow in both elbows. Been rehabbing since January. It has put my gaming on a hiatus due to pain. I only gamed on a console before. Do you think a mouse and keyboard would put less stress on my elbow tendons? (Lateral/ medial) any info would be appreciated. Phone Post 3.0

my guess would be the opposite

never dealt with that before using a controller bothers your elbows? even if your arms are supported? does the thumb movement flex the tendons in the elbow somehow?

Idk. Back when I would play on my PC for extended periods of time. My arms from elbows to wrist felt uncomfortable after a while.

You would need a very comfortable setup and probably one of those ugly ergonomic mice. Phone Post

TFK_Chip -

never dealt with that before using a controller bothers your elbows? even if your arms are supported? does the thumb movement flex the tendons in the elbow somehow?

Yea, it's mainly from thumb movement. It would've never thought it would do this before I got injured, but it is the case. It sucks Phone Post 3.0

3 Sided Square - Idk. Back when I would play on my PC for extended periods of time. My arms from elbows to wrist felt uncomfortable after a while.

You would need a very comfortable setup and probably one of those ugly ergonomic mice. Phone Post
Hmm ok. I might just stick with taking a break from gaming then. Phone Post 3.0

Are you going to therapy whats the prognosis? Phone Post 3.0

A mouse and keyboard would be worse than a controller, regardless of how perfect a setup you made, I'd think. If you play with your elbows on armrests while holding the controller, that might be part of why they flare up.

I have tennis and golfers elbow in both elbow. I haven't been back to the Dr in a few months because I've been doing the rehab at home. Strenthing everything around the hurt tendons and taking pressure off them. As well as breaking up the scar tissue in them. I've come a long way since january. I use my hands at work and can make it through the day with little pain, even though it's always there. Phone Post 3.0

Roy Batty - A mouse and keyboard would be worse than a controller, regardless of how perfect a setup you made, I'd think. If you play with your elbows on armrests while holding the controller, that might be part of why they flare up.
I've actually found out about this awhile ago. I can't support my arms in the car either without pain. Phone Post 3.0

Repetitive strain injuries are the worst. You really need to give yourself adequate time to heal. Mouse and keyboard gaming will not be any better than using a controller. Just try to go without for as long as you can. Anything that exacerbates your pain is going to delay healing.

My Rx:
- Avoid strenuous activity as much as possible
- Heat before activity
- Ice after activity
- No fapping for at least 90 days

In cases of repetitive strain injury changing what you do is generally a good idea. You may of course get a strain on the new thing you do, in which case you change again. Eventually you may be OK to go back to the original thing you did once that strain is rested.