PC movement - brings everyone down - whiners.

A controversy is brewing over a request to remake Barbie in way contrary to the iconic image so many girls knew growing up.

Plus-Size-Modeling.com is suggesting Mattel create a plus-size Barbie. While some say more realistic curves would be a better role model for girls, others say an overly large Barbie would be an unhealthy example.

Plus Size Modeling conducted a poll on its Facebook page on Dec. 18 asking, “Should toy companies start making Plus Sized Barbie dolls?” In just under two weeks, a picture of the poll has received over 40,000 likes, 5,000 comments and 2,700 shares.

“Sure, but Barbie doesn’t need a double chin,” one comment said. “You can be ‘plus size’ w/o the double chin. They could make a ‘thick’ Barbie.”

“Portraying Barbie as a realistic woman with real curves is a very good idea and would send the right message to young girls about self-esteem,” another comment said. “Making a morbidly obese Barbie is BAD!!”

Then there’s this opinion:

“Okay I honestly don’t think how a Barbie looks affects a child’s self-esteem. When I was little I didn’t wanna look like Barbie. Lol. I didn’t think about my looks at all I just wanted to play…” Phone Post 3.0

Fat people are killing this great nation. Phone Post 3.0

I don't know what the controversy is. They seem to requesting Mattel to make a buffet Barbie. That is between the fatties and Mattel. It's up to Mattel if they want to pump out plump Barbies. As long as they are not trying to legislate it I don't have a problem with requesting it. Granted I don't agree with making fat acceptable and encouraged and disagree with what fatties are requesting. Phone Post 3.0

I know Ken would probably appreciate it. After decades of the same stuck up bitch, not to mention, plus-size barbie tries harder and does more stuff. Phone Post 3.0

what if they do decide to make a fat barbie and they call it "fat barbie".

Squirrel Guard - I know Ken would probably appreciate it. After decades of the same stuck up bitch, not to mention, plus-size barbie tries harder and does more stuff. Phone Post 3.0

three hole barbie ftw

They should give Barbie nipples so that way girls don't have poor self-esteem when they can't live up to Barbie's no nips example

Why does it have to be modeled off of American women? America citizens are the most obese people in the world. Why not giver Barbie realistic curves based off a health european woman

sicko - Why does it have to be modeled off of American women? America citizens are the most obese people in the world. Why not giver Barbie realistic curves based off a health european woman
Not true ! Mexico is ranked fatter :) Phone Post 3.0

Squirrel Guard - I know Ken would probably appreciate it. After decades of the same stuck up bitch, not to mention, plus-size barbie tries harder and does more stuff. Phone Post 3.0
make a black men to go with plus size barbie imo Phone Post 3.0

black ken Phone Post 3.0

oh for fuck's sake its a child's toy

if children can't tell the difference between reality vs a toy then Mattel is NOT where the blame should be placed

Phone Post 3.0

i dont have body image issues from having this as a kidhttp://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_motuc1_1.jpg

Its just brutal how little girls are brainwashed into thinking that barbie is the ideal for women. Look at the more acceptable ideals we, as young boys,had.

why doesn't plus size modeling .com make their own fat dolls. that should sell like hotcakes.

fact is, that anything that has a market will get products made.

you don't want little girls to grow up idolizing fat dolls and become fat and get a heart attack

I love how people anymore, especially women, act like being fat is something they have no control over. Spouting all this bs about being "curvy", "a real woman" and "BBW" as if it is something to be proud of lol. If seeing someone in shape offends you get off your lard ass and exercise!

Jacinto - I love how people anymore, especially women, act like being fat is something they have no control over. Spouting all this bs about being "curvy", "a real woman" and "BBW" as if it is something to be proud of lol. If seeing someone in shape offends you get off your lard ass and exercise!
Lol seriously. Phone Post 3.0

MickColins -

Its just brutal how little girls are brainwashed into thinking that barbie is the ideal for women. Look at the more acceptable ideals we, as young boys,had.

Believe it or not I didn't even think Bout boys and our action figures as kids until u posted those examples. U pretty much killed their argument lol Phone Post 3.0