PDP's strategy vs. Mir?

I'm not very familiar with PDP's game, but from what I've read his BJJ is pretty sick. Is his standup any good, and how likely is he to target Mir's leg with either leglocks or kicks?

There's no way that Mir can have 100% confidence in his leg during his first fight back, so will he be over-protective of it? Doesn't that potentially leave him more vulnerable to a KO if standing and armbars, chokes, etc. on the ground?

his standup...wont win him any fights, anytime soon

if he was smart he would target the leg...test it out and see what happens

but it wouldnt be smart to just concentrate on the leg, he could get a bad beating if he does

Probably just to take him down and sub him.

i taking mir but its probobly the hardest fight ever to call. inexperience vs lay off/ injury & cardio problems. both are excellent on the ground. mir looks bigger and badder though.

wade

PDP is going to own Mir tonight (you heard it hear first) if the reff doesnt stop it early..I think Mir is going to rock PDP get cocky and take him down..From there PDP is going to sweep and finish...

Basically PDP has to take it into at least the 2nd round (via stalling/clinching) and then go from there. Mir looks sooooo winded past the 1st round in nearly all his fights I think PDP might be able to put him down with strikes.

Conditioning is the best finishing hold they say and Mir seems to be carrying some extra weight.

Then again, Mir is a UFC poster boy, so a quick ref stoppage wouldn't suprise me (ala Forrest vs Elvis)

Pe De Pano is one of those rare guys that has a very sick gi game, very good sub grappling game but has a style that will not translate into MMA very well.

hes a 230+ pound 6'5 butt scooter, that is just pathetic.

Mir is going to KTFO this fool

Mir has gained more muscle but now he's going to gas even faster now because of it.

his standup...wont win him any fights, anytime soon

lol

bah Mir wont gas at all.. everyone keeps saying he gained all this muscle and is going to gas.. i bet he wont. he gained muscle but is way more defined so he lost some fat. his ground game may be affected if he's on the bottom but if he's in the mount he'll be fine and stand up. he will take this

PdP also brings an arsenal of offended faces, bitching to ref's, crying and complaining! I agree he will fold the first time he is punched hard...

I honestly can't believe PdP is fighting MMA. For years everyone has said this guy would get his ass handed to him if he fought a real MMA fighter... Mir is going to murder this poor sucker

If it hits rd 2, I think Mirs in some trouble.

:-)

"From: GrdStorm
Date: 02/04/06 06:14 PM
395 Total Posts Ignore User

Pe De Pano is one of those rare guys that has a very sick gi game, very good sub grappling game but has a style that will not translate into MMA very well.

hes a 230+ pound 6'5 butt scooter, that is just pathetic.

Mir is going to KTFO this fool "

"ADMIN: [ Delete Message : Warn User : Warn Super Admin ]
Date: 02/04/06 07:51 PM
398 Total Posts Ignore User

I honestly can't believe PdP is fighting MMA. For years everyone has said this guy would get his ass handed to him if he fought a real MMA fighter... Mir is going to murder this poor sucker"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!