Peak Experience

Aus,

Yes, personally too long a name to type plus "his" flow state material seemed like the other concepts stated above simply revisited and restated.

An aside...for me personally I enjoy the poets who express the various states spiraling in and out of the center better than the scholars because they write from within them as opposed to just next to or from much after.

-Luis

For a bunch of "knuckle Draggers" this is deep man...
Fantastic thread. Great imput.
ChoirBoy

Hi LL, didn't mean to ignore your post, just saw that part.

Yes, you can certainly aproach this type of state via meditation. . .and many other vehicles as well! But since we are talking about MA's I think the thread has turned towards peak experiences via athletics. Which in my opinion is one of the fastest and clearest ways to achieve the state you describe.

One of my favorite qoutes of Joseph Campbell was when he was asked if he had ever had a peak experience, and he answered "yes, but only through athletics"

Many athletes have these, but don't want to discuss them because they don't want to be percieved as "weird".

Good question though LL. One of the basics precepts of coaching is to never answer a 'sincere' question with ridicule. I think yours was sincere. . . so always keep asking everyone. That's how we all learn.

In regards NLP, I like the founder, but dislike what the method NLP has become. But then again, so does the founder. I have also seen some lectures by Richard Bandler. I actually watched some of those in the Seychelles on my last trip, as my host there was a student of his. He is also a brilliant man. But what he preaches and what has become NLP are two different things. To many domesticated primates attempting to teach as mystics. The two simply cannot co-exist.

-Matt Thornton
www.straightblastgym.com

Domesticated Primates - Humans who do not think for themselves

Matt when do you find time to training between developing these hilarious monikers that you have??? ROFLMAO at Domesticated Primates.

Maslow? Jung? Watts?

Communists, subversive, where are the po-po when you need 'em?

What this place needs is a censor.

-Paul "practicing fascism for generations" Sharp