Pederneiras is so underrated as a coach

How come he never gets spoken about the same as Kavanagh, Jackson/Winklejohn, Duke Roufus etc or am I just imagining this?

American bias. He's much better than those mentioned besides Jackson wink.

Kavanagh only gets mentioned because of Conor and the fact that he himself doesn't stop saying stupid shit

Prderneiras was talked about and celebrated on this forum a lot in the past, especially when both Aldo and Barao were champions at the same time.

He teaches a great style where his fighters use dutch Muay Thai to beat up their opponents standing. Then when the opponents are tired in the later rounds, Pederneiras fighters will look to take the fight to the mat and score the submission .

Two examples of this strategy being used to great affect are Barao's fights against Michael McDonald and Mitch Gagnon.

Unfortunately Nova Uniao fighters have not had the best records as of late and many of the top contenders have figured out how to use footwork to avoid taking a Muay Thai beating in the early rounds. Also many many Nova Uniao fighters have popped for steroids since USADA has come into place which has unfortunately hurt the reputation of the gym and Pederneiras as of late. 

USADA comes around and most Brazilian big names and Nova fighters start losing. Do the math

Yeah I suppose USADA may have played a part. But the same could be said for lots of folks at ATT, Jacksons etc as well.

Cause Rogan loves talking about Mark Henry and a lot of Brazilians juice

His name is difficult to spell and pronounce, and sounds like a disease you get from molesting children.

Son of Neckbone - His name is difficult to spell and pronounce, and sounds like a disease you get from molesting children.

Probably this..... haha 

Son of Neckbone - His name is difficult to spell and pronounce, and sounds like a disease you get from molesting children.
Hahaha

209ese - Hes more of a pharmacist than a coach
God damn 1st post every time

Underrated? He's mentioned near the top of any list.

MGer - Wtf is dutch muay thai? Lol

It's a style of Muay Thai that emphasizes boxing a little bit more than the traditional.

A lot of the combinations start with the hands and end with a low or body kick.

Traditional Muay Thai has a slightly great emphasis on elbows and knees in addition to the kicks.

Check out Ramon "The Diamon" Dekkers for some sweet dutch style Muay Thai action

No disrespect, de de was a great fighter and is an awesome coach, but he's always got this Cheshire/evil grin on his face that makes me feel like he might be a douchebag 

A lot of people don't remember that he challenged Pat Miletich for the UFC lightweight title. This was his UFC debut and he was 1-0 at the time. Those were the days. 

Vrill -

A lot of people don't remember that he challenged Pat Miletich for the UFC lightweight title. This was his UFC debut and he was 1-0 at the time. Those were the days. 

Yeah I think he finisned his MMA career with a losing records but he fought some tough guys

you guys are crazy!!! anyone lacking respect for what Andre Pedernerais has done in mma is a johnny come lately or just drinking the internet media juice.

This man has done it all. Gi, no gi, MMA.. lead by excample and assembled one of the worlds best mma teams and more interestingly he is actually directly or just by 1 degree of separation responsible for a lot of the talent coming out of his squad you cant train everyone, that for sure but the main staples of his team came up trained under him cant say that for most if not all of the coaches listed above him.

in pro sports who cares i know.. but im just a bit of a purist in that way.. ANDRE is the MAN.. smarten up guys lol

Mshi -
Vrill -

Yeah I think he finisned his MMA career with a losing records but he fought some tough guys

I just looked it up. He finished at 1-1-2. Definitely mediocre. He was pretty undersized if I recall, and there were a lot fewer weight classes back then. 

He's the best in the game imo. Look what he's done with Jose aldo who is the most skilled and well rounded fighter in mma. Aldo isn't some physical specimen, thats all hard work and great coaching. 

The difference between Dede and other coaches is he teaches it all while other coaches have to bring in a team of coaches. Ludwig, hooft, henry, Cordeiro, etc are striking coaches. Then u have your grappling coaches and wrestling coaches, Andre teaches it all. 

His guys are bjj black belts with high level Muay Thai and some of the best takedown defense there is. Can't get any more well rounded then that. He's a carlson gracie black belt that has coached a stable of fighters That rarely even show their ground game cuz they have the best striking and anti wrestling in the ufc. Most brazilians weak spot is their wrestling, not the nova Uniao guys.

and if that's not enough, he was bj penns early coach and the guy who gave him his black belt.

the only coach Id compare him to is matt Hume.

Claude Patrick - you guys are crazy!!! anyone lacking respect for what Andre Pedernerais has done in mma is a johnny come lately or just drinking the internet media juice.

This man has done it all. Gi, no gi, MMA.. lead by excample and assembled one of the worlds best mma teams and more interestingly he is actually directly or just by 1 degree of separation responsible for a lot of the talent coming out of his squad you cant train everyone, that for sure but the main staples of his team came up trained under him cant say that for most if not all of the coaches listed above him.

in pro sports who cares i know.. but im just a bit of a purist in that way.. ANDRE is the MAN.. smarten up guys lol
Agreed. Can I ask why you never fought again after the Ebersole fight? I don't remember you ever officially retiring.

Mshi - 
Claude Patrick - you guys are crazy!!! anyone lacking respect for what Andre Pedernerais has done in mma is a johnny come lately or just drinking the internet media juice.

Agreed. Can I ask why you never fought again after the Ebersole fight? I don't remember you ever officially retiring.

i had been at the fight game a long time and set the timeline of 35 years old to retire.. so did exactly that :) ive been fortunate enough to work closely with Andre for a few weeks and he is BEYOND legit technically.. builds champs doesnt buy em