Pederneiras: McGregor in for a beating

Mhorad -
NicolasRGC - LOL at Aldo being afraid of Conor's scripted fake shit talking. Dude grew up in extreme poverty in the favelas. You think he gives a shit about some white dude's WWE stick?

I don't think anyone is thinking he is afraid of it. More so that he is really pissed off by it (which he obviously is) and that it will affect him negatively.
While that may have been the case initially, Conor has been making such a clown of himself lately I think fighters are losing respect for him. You fear what you respect. He's only been popular for less than a year and he's already turning in to a caricature. Phone Post 3.0

Will be a good fight Aldo being a shorter and more explosive orthodox against a bigger, rangier southpaw who do you pick?? The mighty righty or hefty lefty?? Phone Post 3.0

NicolasRGC - LOL at Aldo being afraid of Conor's scripted fake shit talking. Dude grew up in extreme poverty in the favelas. You think he gives a shit about some white dude's WWE stick?
Not what he said, Dick.

"In his head" doesn't necessarily mean "Aldo is scared".

Think before you act like shit. Phone Post 3.0

I think this "Conor is in Aldo's head" stuff is bullshit.
Aldo is a pro with a long record of taking on the best. He doesn't suddenly become jelly because some trash talking newcomer with a few wins in the UFC comes along.

And in general I think the "he's in his head" stuff is way overblown for any fight, for similar reasons. Conor has not won his fights through trash talking - he doesn't win the fight before it happens - he wins his fights due to his superior skills (and some will say, size advantage as well). The opponents that Conor supposedly "got in the head of" were not going to beat him anyway.

LucasBTiger - 
NicolasRGC - LOL at Aldo being afraid of Conor's scripted fake shit talking. Dude grew up in extreme poverty in the favelas. You think he gives a shit about some white dude's WWE stick?
Not what he said, Dick.

Oooh no I got called bad words over the internet. You broke my heart.

LucasBTiger -
Not what he said, Dick.

Look a at this tiger tattoo loving leprechaun dick ridin faggot trying to talk tough on the internet.

Die dipshit. Phone Post 3.0

prof - 
Aldo is a pro with a long record of taking on the best. He doesn't suddenly become jelly because some trash talking newcomer with a few wins in the UFC comes along.

And in general I think the "he's in his head" stuff is way overblown for any fight, for similar reasons. Conor has not won his fights through trash talking - he doesn't win the fight before it happens - he wins his fights due to his superior skills (and some will say, size advantage as well). The opponents that Conor supposedly "got in the head of" were not going to beat him anyway.

Very true. Especially when you consider Aldo doesn't speak English and doesn't even know most of what Conor is saying.

Conor is just yapping to impress the kids. He has no effect on Jose with his words. Some of his actions like grabbing the belt may be irritating but the yapping has no effect on a guy that can't even understand him.

Reality: Pederneiras in for a shock and soon to be looking for a new job.

Aldo will run through him like a truck with no brakes Phone Post 3.0

StrikingMMA - 
prof - 

Very true. Especially when you consider Aldo doesn't speak English and doesn't even know most of what Conor is saying.

Conor is just yapping to impress the kids. He has no effect on Jose with his words. Some of his actions like grabbing the belt may be irritating but the yapping has no effect on a guy that can't even understand him.

You never heard of translators before?

Amazing.

Aldo is an accomplished fighter at the highest level, in one of the most stacked divisions in mma... I don't believe for a second that conor is in his head...

aldo will do what aldo does... he will go out there and show us why he is undefeated in 10 years. he is too diverse for conor.. too much tools in the tool box...

I could very well see aldo finishing what mendes started on the ground....

the funny thing is, if aldo takes conor down.. a lot of these conor fans will probably talk shit to aldo for not standing....

I have aldo.

Jose Aldo
43% striking accuracy
72% striking defense
72% TD accuracy
91% TD defense

CMac 

44% striking accuracy
64% striking defense
83% TD accuracy
66% TD defense

The numbers are NOT on Conor's side......

Slave feet - Aldo will run through him like a truck with no brakes Phone Post 3.0
clever Phone Post 3.0

I think current odds are about right.
Conor is a -170 favorite.

He should win this the majority of the time, but you can never count out a guy like Aldo.

I doubt Aldo is phased by Conners sh#t talk, he's too much a veteran. Aldo is a very proud guy and if Conner rocks him it will be an all out war. No way Aldo backs down, when he gets hit he hits back. This may get him ko'd but it could get Conner knocked out as well. This one has great fight written all over it.

Aldo is going to own him in every aspect of this fight. I say he stops Mcbeard in 3.

12SixElbow - 

Jose Aldo

43% striking accuracy

72% striking defense

72% TD accuracy

91% TD defense

CMac 

44% striking accuracy

64% striking defense

83% TD accuracy

66% TD defense

The numbers are NOT on Conor's side......

Also add in "Level Of Competition" and no way does Conor match up with the GOAT Featherweight

Aldo in Berserker mode will destroy the Leprechaun.

CM appears to have a decent chance as well with his range and kicks.

Can't wait.

jpm995 - I doubt Aldo is phased by Conners sh#t talk, he's too much a veteran. Aldo is a very proud guy and if Conner rocks him it will be an all out war. No way Aldo backs down, when he gets hit he hits back. This may get him ko'd but it could get Conner knocked out as well. This one has great fight written all over it.

double ko ?

my meter is moving..

I think Aldo is going to hurt McGregor with leg kicks and severely limit his movement. McGregor has shown to have a very good chin but so has Aldo. I think it's going to come down to punching power and in that regard it would seem as though McGregor has the slight edge.