Pedophilia -sentencing laws

Can pedophilia be cured?

No. There's no magic cure that can make the sexual attraction to children go away, and up to 50 percent of convicted pedophiles re-offend.

=================================

As a society, why do we put up with these people? Children suffer irreparable harm, yet, these predators only face lax sentencing. I believe it's time for a reset.

How many of you support death penalty for pedophiles?

Let's throw out the 18yo and 16yo sweethearts. Perhaps any act that involves children younger than 14 committed by an adult.

Kill them. For the children's sake. Phone Post

We are talking about actual physical acts and not somebody having a picture on their computer right?

I don't know your states laws but the laws in my state are anything but laxed regarding sex crimes and children. I doubt many states are "laxed" on child sex crimes. Phone Post 3.0

Actual sexual contact between an adult and a child should be a death sentence IMO. If you want to fuck children you have no value to society and you should be removed permanently. Phone Post 3.0

actual acts should be punished by death for sure.

we would need to seriously identify the type of age difference that qualifies though. None of this 17 and 18 year old stuff. we all know the types of sick shit that would qualify.

now, if you are a sicko that gets caught with pictures or videos of kids then the punishment might not be death but it should be pretty god damn severe because those fucks are the ones that support the fucks that kidnap and rape kids.
maybe castration and a min of 15 years.

Cookie Monster - I don't know your states laws but the laws in my state are anything but laxed regarding sex crimes and children. I doubt many states are "laxed" on child sex crimes. Phone Post 3.0

Two ways of looking at this.

First, the average sentence for a pedophile is less than that of a pot grower. Absurd.

Second, in the court of public opinion, overwhelming majority ranker murder, rape, molestation as the three most heinous crimes. However, sentencing laws do not reflect public sentiment.

===============

To answer someone above, it would be for physical acts. Unless the perp was taking pictures.

Death penalty only if it's legitimate rape. Phone Post 3.0

I ask, why aren't sentencing laws tougher?

Is it because our society is fucked? Psychologists now say that pedophilia thoughts are similiar to heterosexual and homosexual thoughts... They cannot be controlled by the person.

So fucking what? I'm sure that murderers have higher levels of anger vs normal person. We don't make excuses for them, but pedophilia will be the next big excuse. So fucked up it is.

ksacs revenge - Death penalty only if it's legitimate rape. Phone Post 3.0

Wouldn't u agree that any adult with a 13 yo and under is a rape?

jake11 - actual acts should be punished by death for sure.

we would need to seriously identify the type of age difference that qualifies though. None of this 17 and 18 year old stuff. we all know the types of sick shit that would qualify.

now, if you are a sicko that gets caught with pictures or videos of kids then the punishment might not be death but it should be pretty god damn severe because those fucks are the ones that support the fucks that kidnap and rape kids.

I think there are a few states that will forcibly castrate you for serious sex crimes.

Sagiv Lapkin - 
jake11 - actual acts should be punished by death for sure.

I think there are a few states that will forcibly castrate you for serious sex crimes.

Florida, Louisiana, and California now allow or mandate "chemical castration" for sex offenders — drugs that suppress testosterone and quash sexual appetite. Texas even allows a judge to recommend surgical castration, if the offender gives consent. But the punishment doesn't end with the sentence.

==========

God bless Texas.

However, it should not be if consent is given. That's akin to asking a murderer if he consents to jail time.

Ok, we change the penalty for being convicted of a physical act of pedophilia to execution. Two questions:

1) If a pedophile has just abused a child, what reason does he have to let his victim live?

He's less likely to get caught AND harder to convict if he kills the child & dumps the body [as the victim would likely be the primary witness].

He's already facing death if he gets convicted for the act, so it's not like he can really face a harsher sentance for the murder.

Seems like the stiffer penalty could carry the unintended consequence of increasing the number of victims that are ultimately killed by their abuser...

2) Abuse is often perpetrated by a family member. Do you think the potential of getting a relative executed would make a 8 year old more or less likely to come forward and tell the police that uncle ron touched them?

just need the equivalent of a scarlet letter.

tattoo it on them and throw then in gen pop.

DragonWrath - 

Ok, we change the penalty for being convicted of a physical act of pedophilia to execution. Two questions:

1) If a pedophile has just abused a child, what reason does he have to let his victim live?

He's less likely to get caught AND harder to convict if he kills the child & dumps the body [as the victim would likely be the primary witness].

He's already facing death if he gets convicted for the act, so it's not like he can really face a harsher sentance for the murder.

Seems like the stiffer penalty could carry the unintended consequence of increasing the number of victims that are ultimately killed by their abuser...

2) Abuse is often perpetrated by a family member. Do you think the potential of getting a relative executed would make a 8 year old more or less likely to come forward and tell the police that uncle ron touched them?

Good points.

I'd imagine that most wouldn't kill...otherwise, they'd kill now too. After all, the shame they face from society for the rest of their lives is pretty bad...as is the jail sentence.

Didn't think about the family member angle.

Still probably the best deterrent to molestation is the death penalty. Or, if the victim agrees, a physical castration.

Yamie Jagerbomb - 
DragonWrath - 

<br />
<span class="User-295828" id="userPost50231983">Good points.<br />
<br />
I'd imagine that most wouldn't kill...otherwise, they'd kill now too. After all, the shame they face from society for the rest of their lives is pretty bad...as is the jail sentence.<br />
<br />
Didn't think about the family member angle.<br />
<br />
Still probably the best deterrent to molestation is the death penalty. Or, if the victim agrees, a physical castration.</span></blockquote>

The victim is a child. You're going to ask a traumatized child to carry the burden of deciding between killing a man or having him mutilated against his will?

Also, have you considered the fact that seeking the death penalty means you're going to have an incredibly drawn out trial that will likely center around dragging a traumatized child onto the stand & subjecting them to a defense attorney cross-examination specifically intended to dismiss and undermine their account of the abuse?

When we're talking incarceration, plea bargains can be struck that at least spare the child such humuliations & stress. I.E. Your client pleads guilty & accepts 30 years in prison, or we go to trial & you risk life in prison. Etc.

There actually is a cure.

One dude chopped his junk off. Said that was the only way he knew how to prevent it.

DragonWrath - 
Yamie Jagerbomb - 
DragonWrath - 

<br />
<span class="User-295828" id="userPost50231983">Good points.<br />
<br />
I'd imagine that most wouldn't kill...otherwise, they'd kill now too. After all, the shame they face from society for the rest of their lives is pretty bad...as is the jail sentence.<br />
<br />
Didn't think about the family member angle.<br />
<br />
Still probably the best deterrent to molestation is the death penalty. Or, if the victim agrees, a physical castration.</span></blockquote>

The victim is a child. You're going to ask a traumatized child to carry the burden of deciding between killing a man or having him mutilated against his will?

Also, have you considered the fact that seeking the death penalty means you're going to have an incredibly drawn out trial that will likely center around dragging a traumatized child onto the stand & subjecting them to a defense attorney cross-examination specifically intended to dismiss and undermine their account of the abuse?

When we're talking incarceration, plea bargains can be struck that at least spare the child such humuliations & stress. I.E. Your client pleads guilty & accepts 30 years in prison, or we go to trial & you risk life in prison. Etc.

Dealing with the age groups we're talking about here, I doubt that your theoretical 8 year old is going to have any clue about pedophile sentencing laws in their state.

notsobigmike - 
Chest Rockwell - Actual sexual contact between an adult and a child should be a death sentence IMO. If you want to fuck children you have no value to society and you should be removed permanently. Phone Post 3.0

So, just for the sake of discussion - what if someone like Stephen Hawking were busted?

I say this not as a way to justify pedophilia - but more on your argument that they pose no value to society.

That statement implies to me that value to society could potentially trump pedophilia, or that being guilty of pedophilia nullifies any contributions to society.

Just as with any other crime, we sentence the individual regardless of their job.

However, pedophiles commit such a sick, perverted act, they should be banned/killed so that society no longer has to live in fear of their perversion.