Peja MVP Canidate?

Not to kick a guy when he's down or anything but I'm amazed that Peja was considered 3rd in the MVP race this year.

I think the man can shoot the lights out and can be compared to Bird (well not really) but only during the regular season. I can't think of a post-season performance by Peja where I really thought he came through when his team needed him.

I guess its hard for him since during the post-season the defense will tighten up and he doesn't get as many open looks or quick release shot opportunities. I thought though at the very least he would try driving and getting to the line though. His inability to create off the dribble really hampers him in post-season play and I'm sure the double teams don't help either.

He played all season like an MVP but not trying to cut him too much slack but I think Webber affected his performance. When webber returned it but Peja in dount and he was not so sure how much to defer to webbe or keep doing what he was doing

He played like on of the top SF's all year. He was never even close to being at an MVP level.

"I think the man can shoot the lights out and can be compared to Bird (well not really) but only during the regular season."

It is the regular season mvp award.

SJ and JCT are correct.

"He played all season like an MVP but not trying to cut him too much slack but I think Webber affected his performance. When webber returned it but Peja in dount and he was not so sure how much to defer to webbe or keep doing what he was doing "

You don't think the more intense defense in the post-season had something to do with Peja completely vanishing? I agree that Webber, being the "franchise", gets too many touches with his weakened legs. However, Peja was invisible during the postseason, Webber can't be completely blamed for his vanishing act. Even assuming Webber is the cancer which alot of people seem to label him as, shouldn't Peja perform a little bit better than he did? 

"Even assuming Webber is the cancer which alot of people seem to label him as, shouldn't Peja perform a little bit better than he did?"

DEFINITELY. He missed a few simple layups of his own in that series, I was very frustrated watching that series.