Pellegrino institutes "No Tapping" rule for fight

pellegrino makes a public challenge to Soteropolis of no tapping in their fight tomorrow. what do you think of this?

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/7/2/1549410/ufc-116-kurt-pellegrino-may-call

Now THAT'S Yamato Damashii.

Enson Inoue would be pleased.

it's pellegrino the one you laied down vs diaz?

zzzzz

"Cause tappin' out is for bitches" - Kimbo

Follows the same line of thinking as that brilliant submission ace

Kind of funny that he's making this challenge when three of his four losses are by submission.

Has Pellegrino always been this attention craving?

Dressing goofy in interviews, hamming it up for the camera during his fights, and everything he does on twitter (war with Miguel Torres, saying he'll tweet between rounds, hating on SF, ect...).

Not saying anything is wrong with it. Just never noticed it before and was wondering if it was something new or if he's always been like this.

I think what he's trying to say is that they're both above tapping to chokes b/c they're both great jits guys and there is no shame in going to sleep. I saw it as respect for George's ability.

Sounds dumb.

LambertCFMMA - Kind of funny that he's making this challenge when three of his four losses are by submission.

Dressing goofy in interviews, hamming it up for the camera during his fights, and everything he does on twitter (war with Miguel Torres, saying he'll tweet between rounds, hating on SF, ect...).

Not saying anything is wrong with it. Just never noticed it before and was wondering if it was something new or if he's always been like this.

I've met Kurt in the past, he's just a laid back, funny dude with a lot of personality. He's got lots of tats as well, I think he's just comfortable with himself and putting it out there.

As for the tapping thing, I think he really regrets the times he tapped and is setting an ultimatum for himself to fight through the sub.

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. And probably something impossible to abide by? Gonna tell me that if you get your arm snapped in 2 and somebody was still twisting it that you wouldn't ask for the fight to be stopped?

Stupid, imo.

Refusing to tap to a choke and being put to sleep is one thing, but where is the honour in letting your opponent break your arm or leg?

If you're beat, you're beat.

musclegarden - 
LambertCFMMA - Kind of funny that he's making this challenge when three of his four losses are by submission.

I've met Kurt in the past, he's just a laid back, funny dude with a lot of personality. He's got lots of tats as well, I think he's just comfortable with himself and putting it out there.

As for the tapping thing, I think he really regrets the times he tapped and is setting an ultimatum for himself to fight through the sub.

I ran into him wednesday at the mgm, at the fake horse track, lol he was screaming his ass off at those little plastic horses. seems like a good guy

Hope he's just talking about chokes - otherwise, retarded.

Oh, God, in Your infinite humour, please make Pellegrino say "To the Death!" and then lick his gloves!

john joe - tapping is what makes it a sport

Someone once told me, and if I have no idea if it's true or not, that if you train with Kurt and tap in your fight, he cuts you from the team.  Sounds like BS to me.

caliphornia - pellegrino makes a public challenge to Soteropolis of no tapping in their fight tomorrow. what do you think of this?

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/7/2/1549410/ufc-116-kurt-pellegrino-may-call

So Kurt goes to sleep.

Stupid idea

dumb idea and bad for the sport.

I haven't spoken to Kurt about this, but is likely directly in reference to chokes. He had said before he won't tap to chokes

Crazy Zimmerman, I have never heard that before.

Crazy Zimmerman -  Someone once told me, and if I have no idea if it's true or not, that if you train with Kurt and tap in your fight, he cuts you from the team.  Sounds like BS to me.

Did he cut himself when he tapped to Nate's triangle choke?